Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back To Normal IV
2GStratus > Car Shows > Event Archives > Back To Normal IV
Stratuscaster
It's the 4th Annual "Back To Normal" weekend, hosted by Club3G!

Things are still being planned, but if past years are any indications, it should be bigger and better. Primarily because Club3G has extended an invitation to the Stratus/Sebring folks to attend this formerly 3G Eclipse-only event!

BTN features a plant tour of the Mitsubishi Motors plant in Normal - home to the 2G Stratus/Sebring coupes, as well as the Galant, Eclipse, and Endeavour. There is also a car show at the plant, and other events.

More information can be found HERE at the Club3G forums - you may have to register to be able to read them. I will post more concrete information as the time nears and it becomes available.
log_rt
hey guys I think I am the only one that actually lives in Normal, if anyone has any questions about the town (i.e. where to stay, where to eat, or anything) just reply or PM me.....oh and it wasn't in the post above, the dates are May 23-25
Natedog_37
Come on people Last year there were 100 Eclipse there. The more people the more fun we will have.

You go to the factory were our cars are made. You get to looks around see our cars get made.

talk to tech people and ask why did you do this, and not do this.

You will learn a ton of info on your car.

You will see things on other peoples car that you didn't think about, our wanted to see before you do it.

You will make some really close and good friends

And you will never. I REPEAT NEVER see this many 3G eclipse, 2G stratus, sebrings all in one place!!!>

This will be my 3rd year going!!
2gstratusrt
I've looked at going but can't seem to find the exact location of the meet.

Jason
log_rt
The meet is at the Mitsubishi Plant itself, the plant is called Diamond Star. From I-55 you would get on I-74 West for about a mile then take US Highway 150 for maybe 2 miles and you will be there. It really is a good experience I went there last year with a friend of mine with a 3G and thats when I first fell in love with the Strat.
Natedog_37
QUOTE (2gstratusrt @ Mar 20 2003, 02:49 PM)
I've looked at going but can't seem to find the exact location of the meet.

Jason

Were are you coming from. Most of us meet up and cruz there together.

I must drive to IL on Thu. and meet up there Fri morning with peeps.

but there are peope coming from all over.

We stay the hole weekend also. Go cart driving while Drunk is very fun!!

hehehehe
log_rt
if anyone is interested in getting a group reate for a hotel let me know and I will look around for a good hotel with some group rates
ViperMan
I'd be interested - I'm bringing my girlfriend hopefully, but let us know if you can find anything out.
Natedog_37
There is already some one looking for a group rate for Hotels.

We all get one hotel and well we rule it.

Go to the link you can learn more. Sign up over there and post that you car coming. There should be a sign up web site coming up soon, and Shirts to buy.

Also all the Hotel info and such should be up soon. There is a car show were you can win things "last year I won my AEM pulley" for fastest N/A eclipse.

There is a poker run, Go carts, and the best part BEER!!!!!!!!!

and you will make a ton of friends from all over the US.
Stratuscaster
Time is ticking - they need to get this hotel and event info nailed down ASAP... ohmy.gif
log_rt
can we get a list going of who is all coming to the meet? I will be there, but I won't need a hotel cause I live 15 minutes form the plant.

1. log_rt
R/TCoupe02
hey yall, are there any meets close to kentucky?? im still in highschool and wouldnt be able to do ne overnight trips yet.. so i would only be able to go to a meet close to here.. does anybody know of any?
01rt
QUOTE (R/TCoupe02 @ Mar 24 2003, 08:29 PM)
hey yall, are there any meets close to kentucky?? im still in highschool and wouldnt be able to do ne overnight trips yet.. so i would only be able to go to a meet close to here.. does anybody know of any?

Keep an eye on the southeast forum.
log_rt
so i drove by the factory today and I saw more strats and sebrings there than anything else, I seriously reccomend coming if you have a chance. it is the place where they were born. there should be vendors there and plent of good shit to do
Stratuscaster
More information is now available at http://www.backtonormal.org

Still no hotel tho...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.