Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 03 Dodge Stratus R/T
2GStratus > For Sale > Cars For Sale
SRT6 Stratus
Alright this is what I found on my local Craigslist and I think it'd be really cool to have. I offered him my Stratus and possibly some money and he suggested $1000...What do you guys think?

This is his post:

I have a 2003 Dodge Stratus R/T with the 3.0 motor. the car has 106,XXX miles on it, it is a 5 speed with a newer clutch as of 2009 only has 2,XXX miles on it. Has newer raptor tires all around as of last summer. Just did the oil change and always do it every 2,500 miles. New headlight bulbs and foglights. 4 disc cd changer with infinity speakers, wired for subs.

The only bad think about the car is the front bumper is cracked but i glued it back together is seems to be holding good.

im asking $4500 O.B.O wich i think is a reasonable price with kbb pricing it at $4600. http://www.kbb.com/used-cars/dodge/stratus...;mileage=106666

Im also looking to trade for a ranger or wrangler of equal value or i will throw in money if more.

StreetLegal?
Nice color choice wink.gif to give you an idea for the cost of getting the front bumper done. I was quoted at 900-1000 to get my front bumper redone, that includes the new bumper from the dealer and all the paint work. The bumper alone is almost $500 from the dealer. Replacement parts for the 2.5g are quite expensive and Daes doesn't have them as often tongue.gif So you are offering $4500 I'm confused?
SRT6 Stratus
Sorry that I didn't clarify, I offered him my Stratus and then I told him that I would pay a little if he wanted to do something like that. I asked how much he would want, and he suggested I give $1000 with my Stratus. I told him that I just put a $500 carbon fiber hood on my car and I'm running $500 Toyo tires on it. I told him I'd do $500 with my car but he said that my Stratus isn't his first choice for what he'd want to trade.
Jane_Blaze
I'm partial to 2.5g's, so I say join the club! cool.gif

But what's wrong with your Strat that you are considering getting another car? Like you said, you just put the new hood and tires on. Seems like a lot of miles for an 03. I have an 04 and only have 73,000+.
StreetLegal?
QUOTE (Jane_Blaze @ Mar 14 2011, 02:28 PM) *

But what's wrong with your Strat that you are considering getting another car? Like you said, you just put the new hood and tires on. Seems like a lot of miles for an 03. I have an 04 and only have 73,000+.

I have 101888 sad.gif sad.gif
theyellowdart
My '04 is going on 114,000...she's gettin old sad.gif
SRT6 Stratus
QUOTE (Jane_Blaze @ Mar 14 2011, 04:28 PM) *

There isn't anything wrong with my Stratus, I really do love it, but I simply just want a car with a five speed. Lol. I've wanted one since I've been about 14, but I just never found the right car for the right price. My Stratus already has 111,000 on it too.
Jodi
QUOTE (SRT6 Stratus @ Mar 14 2011, 04:27 PM) *
There isn't anything wrong with my Stratus, I really do love it, but I simply just want a car with a five speed. Lol. I've wanted one since I've been about 14, but I just never found the right car for the right price. My Stratus already has 111,000 on it too.

I know the 5 speed love, I had to have one as well. I would say if its what you want and is lower milage then your current one, then go for it. but I would also take your hood off and sell it if that is an option, because the guy doesnt seem to think it adds anything. I just think some one would appreciate it more, and you might make a little more money off it that way.
SRT6 Stratus
QUOTE (Jodi @ Mar 14 2011, 07:14 PM) *
I know the 5 speed love, I had to have one as well. I would say if its what you want and is lower milage then your current one, then go for it. but I would also take your hood off and sell it if that is an option, because the guy doesnt seem to think it adds anything. I just think some one would appreciate it more, and you might make a little more money off it that way.

I would, but the whole reason I bought the cf hood is because the stock one was wrinkled from when my sister hit a deer with it before I bought it from her...Lol.
Jodi
QUOTE (SRT6 Stratus @ Mar 14 2011, 06:31 PM) *
I would, but the whole reason I bought the cf hood is because the stock one was wrinkled from when my sister hit a deer with it before I bought it from her...Lol.

lol I hear ya, It was just a thought... but thats why I said if possible. I know thats why i got my ss hood was because my other hood is trashed
SRT6 Stratus
QUOTE (Jodi @ Mar 14 2011, 07:38 PM) *
I know thats why i got my ss hood was because my other hood is trashed

So you did get the hood like mine?
Centurin
You're better off selling your car and getting a 5 speed. Keep in mind that the 2.5g are much harder to mod and parts are scarce. The 2g shares more parts with the eclipse giving you a lot more mod options. I wouldn't trade with the guy simply because I'd don't think you'll get your money's worth.
Jodi
QUOTE (SRT6 Stratus @ Mar 14 2011, 05:46 PM) *
So you did get the hood like mine?

yes, the same style. but not carbin fiber
SRT6 Stratus
QUOTE (Centurin @ Mar 14 2011, 08:32 PM) *
You're better off selling your car and getting a 5 speed. Keep in mind that the 2.5g are much harder to mod and parts are scarce. The 2g shares more parts with the eclipse giving you a lot more mod options. I wouldn't trade with the guy simply because I'd don't think you'll get your money's worth.

Alright, thank you for the info. I really do appreciate it.

QUOTE (Jodi @ Mar 14 2011, 08:57 PM) *
yes, the same style. but not carbin fiber

Gotcha, thats sweet.
StreetLegal?
QUOTE (Centurin @ Mar 14 2011, 07:32 PM) *

Well that basically sums up what I was going to say so I'll just quote it in agreement laugh.gif
dk89
I'm going to be the party pooper and say keep your car.
You're really not that old correct? Heck I know I'm lucky to have a 5spd R/T but if I had a lower model I wouldn't even consider trading and/or buying a newer/better model.
Just stick with what you've got. You probably know whats more likely to go wrong with your current car and can at least estimate the expenses, which this car you really don't have a clue! There's always a lot of hidden expenses in used cars... usually better to keep your used car than get one that's practically the same (if not worse).
IMO I like the 2g's better anyways, like said before they're more moddable, and your car really doesn't have that many more miles than his/hers.
SRT6 Stratus
QUOTE (dk89 @ Mar 15 2011, 12:48 AM) *
You're really not that old correct? Heck I know I'm lucky to have a 5spd R/T but if I had a lower model I wouldn't even consider trading and/or buying a newer/better model.
Just stick with what you've got. You probably know whats more likely to go wrong with your current car and can at least estimate the expenses, which this car you really don't have a clue! There's always a lot of hidden expenses in used cars... usually better to keep your used car than get one that's practically the same (if not worse).
IMO I like the 2g's better anyways, like said before they're more moddable, and your car really doesn't have that many more miles than his/hers.

I understand. Thanks for the info. I was just offered a 05 Mitsubishi Lancer with a five speed and 92k...What do you guys have to say about this one? Lol
Jodi
QUOTE (SRT6 Stratus @ Mar 14 2011, 11:09 PM) *
I understand. Thanks for the info. I was just offered a 05 Mitsubishi Lancer with a five speed and 92k...What do you guys have to say about this one? Lol

It's got too many doors wink.gif
StreetLegal?
QUOTE (SRT6 Stratus @ Mar 15 2011, 12:09 AM) *

QUOTE (Jodi @ Mar 15 2011, 01:41 AM) *
It's got too many doors wink.gif

To both of you. ONLY if it is an Evo then it is ok. IMO Lancers are lame unless they are the Evo.

QUOTE (dk89 @ Mar 14 2011, 11:48 PM) *

dk makes a good point here too. Your insurance is going to go up quite a bit too since it is newer and also the top model, you being 19 and also a guy doesn't help the matter either. One of the reasons my parents wouldn't let me get an R/T back when I bought this dry.gif They didn't want their insurance to go up even though I pay them what the difference is with me on it
SRT6 Stratus
QUOTE (StreetLegal? @ Mar 15 2011, 09:12 AM) *
To both of you. ONLY if it is an Evo then it is ok. IMO Lancers are lame unless they are the Evo.

dk makes a good point here too. Your insurance is going to go up quite a bit too since it is newer and also the top model, you being 19 and also a guy doesn't help the matter either. One of the reasons my parents wouldn't let me get an R/T back when I bought this dry.gif They didn't want their insurance to go up even though I pay them what the difference is with me on it

I agree about the Lancers being lame unless they're Evo's. Thats exactly what I thought too, but my friend told me I should do it. I hear ya about the insurance too.
Jodi
QUOTE (StreetLegal? @ Mar 15 2011, 07:12 AM) *

I do agree, I just have to give every one shit about 4 doors because I don't care for most of them. (my merc is a 4 door so I'm not a complete hater) But I always say... "what's the only thing 4 doors belong on?" 2CARS! lol
BadStratR/T
The dude only drove 2000 miles since 2009? laugh.gif that's hard to believe.

I say do the trade but 1000 on top is a little to much just for a different body.

Mine has 128k :\ 03
SRT6 Stratus
QUOTE (BadStratR/T @ Mar 15 2011, 12:51 PM) *
The dude only drove 2000 miles since 2009? laugh.gif that's hard to believe.

I say do the trade but 1000 on top is a little to much just for a different body.

Mine has 128k :\ 03

Yeah I thought that 1000 on top was a little much too. I wish he would go for a straight up trade, but I guess he's not interested.
Centurin
For future reference, when looking at cars and mileage, the average is 12k-15k per year. So average mileage for an 03 would be 96k-120k miles. I'm always weary of cars with very low miles per year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.