Exterior
Great Condition, no rust on the body

Interior
Very Clean. This car hasn't been smoked in. Seats = Cloth
CD Player & Radio
A/C & Heat
New Floor Mats

Engine
Replaced about 1.5 years ago; got a 3 year warranty for the engine, so it has about 1.5 years left on the warranty - I called and it is transferable.
Gets a close 30MPG (+/- 2MPG), highway/city mixed together. (Yes I did say PLUS and MINUS, it was 30mpg 100% all the time with the old engine, this new one seems to get slightly better; and i typically drive on the highway, that's why I guessed -2)
Recently had a Transmission Flush and also an Oil Change, so the car is good to go.

Other
I had a kid that I know interested in getting the car, but of course he backed out about 3 days before he was going to buy it. He took it to a mechanic and gave me the list of things "wrong" with the car and such, I'll list them all.
1. Head Gasket Cover was leaking - FIXED (have invoice in car)
2. Rear Struts (said that you can start to feel them getting bad at 80mph ... I saw this as a lame excuse to get me to lower the price)
3. Passenger Speaker (blown, but I'm assuming it's extremely cheap)

There were some other very minor things listed, but I can't remember them and didn't conclude them to be of any relevance/threat.
After fixing the head gasket cover that was leaking some oil, there's nothing wrong with the engine at all. Plus it's under warranty, so there shouldn't be anything to really worry about.

This car is completely stock, there's nothing major that's been done to it except for the engine swap. Oh, the reason for the engine swap was because I hadn't checked the oil levels (wasn't over 3k miles) and there was a leak. (No it was not related to the Head Gasket Cover either)

I got this car when I was a Junior in high school, which would be 3.5 years ago. it was very economical then, and now it's even more with this economy. When prices for gas were $4/gallon ... It has a 10 gallon tank and get 300miles/tank. Highest cost for a tank was $40, which was great for the wallet.

I have just liability for insurance on this car. When I was 16 it was $90/month. Now I pay around the low 60's. (I would have to ask my mom to be exact, but we get all of our insurance in 1 big bill) So if you were wondering on that, it's not too bad, pretty cheap.

I would be willing to drive to meet someone a couple/few hours if needed. The car is currently located in Blue Grass, which is near the Quad Cities (Davenport area) in Iowa. Maybe we could figure something out, just PM me and we can get talking.

I know I will be needing to add pictures, I will do that ASAP when someone is interested in this. The car is currently 3 hours away from me, at my moms house, I will drive to get the pictures and other information when someone really interested asks for more. Please feel free to PM me questions, comments, etc.

Buyer needs to take responsibility for shipping, unless an agreement can be made with me for a meet-up or something.
wiseoracle
Good Luck on the sale.

-Note the FS rules don't apply to cars, so do as you please. cool.gif
04dodgestratusr/t
can you send me or post some pics? My brother is looking for a cheap car, something like this. Thanks
dk89
I'll try and get them as soon as possible.

My mom has been super busy being a lawyer and starting her own business...
I'm going to try and get my grandma to do this if I don't come back next weekend.
But guess what, they're both kind of ... "digital photo illiterate" ... lol, I'll see what I can do.
I live 3 hours away from home, but I'll make the trip if need be smile.gif

So sure I'll send you some pictures once I get them!
Yes it's a fairly cheap car and since it has the engine warranty, that's great! biggrin.gif
04dodgestratusr/t
QUOTE (dk89 @ Feb 21 2009, 11:06 AM) *
I'll try and get them as soon as possible.

My mom has been super busy being a lawyer and starting her own business...
I'm going to try and get my grandma to do this if I don't come back next weekend.
But guess what, they're both kind of ... "digital photo illiterate" ... lol, I'll see what I can do.
I live 3 hours away from home, but I'll make the trip if need be smile.gif

So sure I'll send you some pictures once I get them!
Yes it's a fairly cheap car and since it has the engine warranty, that's great! biggrin.gif

pm sent.. btw, may have missed it but how many miles on the engine?
dk89
The engine had between 92-95k (I just can't remember exactly) when it was put in...
I think I've put on no more than 5-7k since then. Definitely not 10k miles. So it's either just under or just over 100k (which I just broke 100k on the stratus 2 weeks ago sad.gif)
But these engines have been known to get 200k on them and such. Considering this engine has been worked on by Jasper, I'd say it's very doable to get that kind of mileage on this engine. (My neighbor got a engine from Jasper late last year for his '86 Trans Am and it's amazing.)
dk89
This is still for sale.
We don't know if the buy will work considering we're 20 hours apart from each other...

Also, pictures will be added NEXT weekend, when I go home smile.gif
dk89
Just got pictures of the car this weekend!
Let me upload them later on today and I will edit my post here.

STILL FOR SALE!
Also, I'm editing my above starting thread about this:
Buyer needs to take responsibility for shipping, unless an agreement can be made with me for a meet-up or something.

THE PICTURES HAVE BEEN ADDED! - I do have probably 10+ more pictures more focused on the interior of the car. If you're interested I will post those as well. I just maxed out the amount of uploadable attachments allowed for this post and I have to run my dog to the vet. Please PM me or post questions if you're wanting information!

Ok... that mileage picture is HORRIBLE! ... It's at from what I can remember around 135,000 miles for the car, and around 100,000 miles for the engine. (like said before I believe)
dk89
Bump!
OuttaFokus
Seems like a hefty price tag on that man...
wiseoracle
QUOTE (OuttaFokus @ Mar 21 2009, 02:28 AM) *
Seems like a hefty price tag on that man...

Then make an offer. Chair.gif
dk89
Well the reason it's "hefty" is because there's still a warranty on the engine ... because it's been replaced.
Considering I'm not even asking for how much the engine cost and also the labor, I'd consider it a pretty good deal in the end.
And yea, make an offer tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.