Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: STRATUS FOR SALE
2GStratus > For Sale > Cars For Sale
Nico
Originally I was going to sell it for $14,500... taking into consideration the economy I'll sell it for $11,900.

See it in the Registry and the Registry Stats; or my website. The wheels are different now, I'll post some pics with those shortly. They are staggered with a black center and a chrome lip, to accent the widebody more.

I have one more show that I have to do with it in Miami, 19-20 Dec HIN, then it's available. So if you need some time to secure some funds, here's your heads up.

Some info that may not come across in the Registry: 2001 R/T, 35K, I'm the original owner; custom turbo dynoed at a mild 267 hp & 267 tq, see the sheets here, although that was in 2004 it has not been on a dyno since nor seen a road race or track race ever, it's a "trailer queen" show car, nothing more, nothing less; it's the only Stratus with that widebody, only one with this turbo, etc etc.

Things that could be upgraded: the car is set to run rich in the A/F, and the boost level is not even 5 psi, so if you plan to up the boost then you should first upgrade the internals and then you can play with the tuning to get some more HP out of the GT30 ball bearing turbo that's rated up to 500 HP. It has a Viper alarm but it was de-activated when it was in California for the widebody build, so that needs to be reactivated by a person who knows what the hell they're doing. The driver's window is also related to that so you can operate it fully with the remote as well as the remote start once that's done.

I haven't posted this on any other sites (ebay, autotrader, 3G, etc) yet because like I said, I'm not ready to sell it for another couple weeks as I'm under contract to do this show in Miami. Of course I'm giving the 2g fam the first crack as it would pain me to see someone that's clueless take this car and trash it. What other questions are there?
ViperMan
Why are you selling - just the end of its run?

Looks nice, price seems reasonable - I haven't researched 2G resale values in a while...

Hope you get it sold. I'll just warn you - the economy might hurt you more than just $2,600 bucks... I got my Viper for $10,000 below market value.

Jeff
SexyStratus02
Nico -

BOOOOO!!!
Nico
QUOTE (ViperMan @ Dec 1 2008, 01:03 PM) *

Looks nice, price seems reasonable - I haven't researched 2G resale values in a while...

Hope you get it sold. I'll just warn you - the economy might hurt you more than just $2,600 bucks... I got my Viper for $10,000 below market value.

Jeff

Eh, more or less. It's kind of depressing seeing it just sit in the garage. Between my bike, the G, and the truck it doesn't get much air time. Plus, I don't have time to hit the shows like I used to.

QUOTE (SexyStratus02 @ Dec 1 2008, 01:07 PM) *
Nico -

BOOOOO!!!

Well Liz, I just lost a dollar to myself cause you missed being the first poster on this thread by one post (I bet myself... times are tough... jk). Although I guess if you're going to lose it might as well be to an O2G.

Don't act like you didn't know it was coming, I've been prophesizing this for months, just waiting for the appropriate time from my perspective.
04dodgestratusr/t
QUOTE (ViperMan @ Dec 1 2008, 01:03 PM) *

Jeff

shounds like a decent deal with the low miles. I checked my 04 with 63k miles and kbb said for private property it is worth $9,200 in good condition. But with the economy i bet i could barley get 8k if that. sad.gif
PocketAce
How reliable is it with all the modifications?
wiseoracle
Sad to see it go, but everyone has to move on. I wish I could see it in person. Last time we met, you were still in the process of getting it put together.

Good Luck on the sale. Whomever gets it gets a piece of history.
Nico
QUOTE (PocketAce @ Dec 1 2008, 02:32 PM) *
How reliable is it with all the modifications?

It's as reliable as you allow it to be. The turbo kit was built and installed in 2004 with no issues with the motor or otherwise since. It idles good, drives good, essentially like a normal Stratus until you get into boost. With the low boost (less than 5 psi) setting that it's set at max HP doesn't come on until about 4400 rpm or so, that's basically WOT. I have it set there for a reason, because it's not a race car for me it's a show car, but it has all the potential to be whatever the next owner wants it to be. It also runs rich but again that is also by design, if someone wanted to get more efficiency out of the turbo, meaning more power and more boost, you can just manipulate the A/F ratio and away you go. I would recommend the standard 6G72 forced induction upgrades: pistons, rods, of course some good tuning and maybe you'd be good with that up to about 350 HP. The turbo is rated for 500 HP, so it will handle whatever this motor really needs to see. Anything beyond that and you're not going to put it to the ground anyway IMO.
Cold6983
If you're still in Jax...Can I come see it? I live 30 min north..in King's Bay. Gotta make some decisions pretty quickly on keeping mine or just getting rid of it and getting something else...might be moving to Guam next year....
SexyStratus02
QUOTE (Nico @ Dec 1 2008, 03:24 PM) *
Eh, more or less. It's kind of depressing seeing it just sit in the garage. Between my bike, the G, and the truck it doesn't get much air time. Plus, I don't have time to hit the shows like I used to.

Well Liz, I just lost a dollar to myself cause you missed being the first poster on this thread by one post (I bet myself... times are tough... jk). Although I guess if you're going to lose it might as well be to an O2G.

Don't act like you didn't know it was coming, I've been prophesizing this for months, just waiting for the appropriate time from my perspective.

Oh, Nico. I knew you were thinking about getting rid of her. I was just bustin' yer chops. tongue.gif Yes, if you are getting rid of her it would be nice to see her stay in the "family", for sure. smile.gif

QUOTE (wiseoracle @ Dec 1 2008, 06:09 PM) *
Good Luck on the sale. Whomever gets it gets a piece of history.

Indeed.
Nico
QUOTE (Cold6983 @ Dec 1 2008, 08:46 PM) *
If you're still in Jax...Can I come see it? I live 30 min north..in King's Bay. Gotta make some decisions pretty quickly on keeping mine or just getting rid of it and getting something else...might be moving to Guam next year....

By all means, although I may not be able to show it until next week, but potentially Friday evening or Saturday some time.
Cold6983
PM Sent
stratr/t190
Just got back from Hot Imports Night in Miami and let me tell you this car looks 1000 times better in person. I'm not a fan of wide body kits let alone body kits themselves, but this wide body kit is tatefully done. Oh and not to mention the new wheels are awesome! Whoever buys this car is not only getting a great deal but also a beautiful car.

I'll try to post up some pics I took of the car if I get a chance.
Nico
QUOTE (stratr/t190 @ Dec 20 2008, 11:55 PM) *
Just got back from Hot Imports Night in Miami and let me tell you this car looks 1000 times better in person. I'm not a fan of wide body kits let alone body kits themselves, but this wide body kit is tatefully done. Oh and not to mention the new wheels are awesome! Whoever buys this car is not only getting a great deal but also a beautiful car.

I'll try to post up some pics I took of the car if I get a chance.

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for stopping by to say hello. Hope to catch you at some other shows.

-Nico
MitsuR/T
i agree with stratr/t190. i saw this car in Feb. or March and it's awesome. a very nice balance of mods. i hope to see it again in the future.
ViperMan
I didn't know it was widebody... I'd really like to see pics of it. I guess I remember it from "back in the day." smile.gif

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.