Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some random dude.
2GStratus > Car Shows > Event Archives > 2006 All-Chrysler & Multi-Club Meet
BlackMamba
So I just got back from my 7 and a half hour drive from Penn. and I wondered if anyone knew of this guy. He ran the dyno like 5 times. It was an older african american gentleman who owned a 01-02 generation stratus, that maroon color. It had a y-ed out dual exhaust that had dtm tips on it which looked really iffy at best. Also, he had a post spoiler with R/T decals on it and red calipers with little "stratus" decals on the calipers. It was a straight auto and with duals and a SRI he was pulling 158 whp and 168 wftlbs and the car didnt seem like it was pulling its hardest, atleast it seemed like my car pulls/sounds harder and he had dual exhaust with 4 tips. The guy who ran the dyno said he couldnt get the auto to not shift into overdrive while pulling, could result for lower number (probably the duals hurt aswell). My dad was really surprised. "Peice of shit mitsubishi 3 liter pulls almost 160 at the FRONT wheels!!!" I was kinda disapointed by the numbers and so was the owner.

Anyone know him? He seemed like he was all about the stratus. cool guy i guess.
stratusRTobsession
Don't know him, but also saw him while I was there. I watched him dyno. Kinda depressing. Did I meet you there?
BlackMamba
Kinda, i saw you, but you were busy polishing your wheels, didnt wanna bother you. There was a semi decent stratus turn out. I was there with my dad who is all about the late 60's mopars so i only came by a few times for a few seconds.
Stratuscaster
I think I met that gentleman at last years' show.
04strat_r/t
u know what sad..... i live about 15 min from carisle and i havent even been to a show yet.... i guess ill have to come out of hiding one of these days and go to a show that everyone is going to
Sbriss
Sounds like a pretty disppointing run. Sucks to put work into something and not have it perform how you want it.

I was kinda disappointed with the turn out, not just the strati. I think the bad floods they had a few weeks ago had something to do with it.
stratusRTobsession
QUOTE (BlackMamba @ Jul 11 2006, 06:46 PM)
Kinda, i saw you, but you were busy polishing your wheels, didnt wanna bother you. There was a semi decent stratus turn out. I was there with my dad who is all about the late 60's mopars so i only came by a few times for a few seconds.

laugh.gif You should have stoped me anyways and saiy hi!! I like to meet other members from 2G!!!!!!!
BlackMamba
Yeah, in retrospect, i should have atleast said hey after so many hours of driving. As i was approaching the stratus section for the first time, the only thing i could see was the doors and the wing. I audibly said "stratusRTobsession" and my dad looked at me weird and wondered what i was saying. It was cool to see all that work in person not to mention all those 2g's assembled in one place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.