Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carlisle Press Release
2GStratus > Car Shows > Event Archives > 2005 Modified Madness
Sonic
Modified Madness to take place at State College May 21-22
11/23/2004
Carlisle Events’ custom auto event has new name, location at Penn State’s Bryce Jordan Center

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. – After searching for the perfect location for its custom automotive event, Carlisle Events announces that the show will take place at the Bryce Jordan Center in State College, Pa., with the new name “Modified Madness,” on May 21-22, 2005.

The name change reflects an evolution of the hobby from just sport compacts to customized luxury sedans, SUVs and more. The Modified Madness show will feature all kinds of modified cars and trucks from all makes and models.

“As you know, sport compact hobbyists are probably the most influential audience in the automotive aftermarket,” said John Detrick, CEO of Carlisle Events. “We believe in the audience and could not be happier to be producing Modified Madness at the Bryce Jordan Center in State College. The venue, staff and community partners are all extraordinary, and we intend to produce the best event in the country!”

Representatives at the Bryce Jordan Center, located on Penn State University’s campus, also are eager to be home to Modified Madness.

“We are looking forward to hosting the Modified Madness event at Penn State and cannot be more excited for all of the car enthusiasts, as the nation’s top car show roars into the Bryce Jordan Center,” said Robert Howard, general manager, Bryce Jordan Center.

The Bryce Jordan Center is centrally located in Pennsylvania and is an easy commute from Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., and Harrisburg. The arena has 360,000 square feet, with seating for 16,000 people. The large parking area outside the Bryce Jordan Center also is available for show parking and event activities. No alcohol will be permitted at the Modified Madness event.

Carlisle Events chose the location at State College because the area is accustomed to attracting hundreds of thousands of spectators to events like Penn State University football games and rock concerts. The Penn State area has the facilities and the nightlife to accommodate the auto enthusiasts after they leave the event.

Numerous hotels in the area provide plenty of places for enthusiasts to spend the weekend while visiting Modified Madness. “We are extremely pleased to have such a well-known group as Carlisle Events bring one of their signature events to the State College area,” stated Betsey Howell, executive director of the Central PA Convention and Visitors Bureau. “The area has hosted smaller annual car shows but never one the magnitude of Modified Madness. The community, along with the lodging properties, look forward to welcoming the thousands of visitors this event is sure to attract.” See www.centralpacvb.org for hotel information.

Local businesses in State College also look forward to the event. “The Downtown State College Improvement District is pleased to welcome Modified Madness May 21 and May 22 to the Bryce Jordan Center and Downtown State College,” said Teresa Sparacino, executive director of the Downtown State College Improvement District. “The downtown will coordinate special events to coincide with Modified Madness. Downtown State College offers specialty restaurants, unique shopping and a pleasant experience overall.” Visit www.downtownstatecollege.com for more of what’s happening downtown.

West Coast Customs will be special guests at the show. The California custom auto shop was made famous by the MTV show “Pimp My Ride” (Sundays, 9 p.m.), in which West Coast Customs transforms people’s old, beat-up cars into tricked-out rides. They redo the interior, adding plush upholstery, stereo systems, DVD players and other items to fit in with the personality of the car’s owner. They also fix up the exterior with new paint jobs, rims, graphics, spoilers or other hot accessories. West Coast Customs also does performance upgrades to give cars more power and better handling. West Coast Customs has become so popular that one of the cars in Hot Wheels’ Whips lineup is a “West Coast Customs Pontiac GTO” in 1:18 scale. “Pimp My Ride” has earned a People’s Choice nomination.

Big Dane and Q are the personalities from West Coast Customs who will attend the event. They will bring at least eight of the vehicles that they’ve modified for display, as well as merchandise for sale, and will be available on both Saturday and Sunday, May 21-22.

“We’re more than excited to come to the show,” said Big Dane. “The people who come to these shows are eager to learn; they’re very much into the industry. It’s great for me to give a little bit of my knowledge.

“We represent the West Coast Customs flavor, and we’ll showcase our real work. We’ll show what really can be done under one roof,” Dane added. As for the customizations they do on “Pimp My Ride,” he said, “That’s like our junior high level of work compared to what we do here (in the shop).”

Another special guest at the show will be Dave “Fishman” Rivera of Fishman Audio. Rivera is one of the premier audio installers in the nation, known for his ICE (in-car entertainment), and has created some of the most outrageous vehicles you’ve ever seen. The Fishman earned his nickname – he often installs an aquarium where the rear window was, or he’ll put fish bowls (complete with live fish) where the headlights used to be.

Also entertaining at the show, the StarBoyz stunt riders will perform all kinds of crazy tricks on their sport bikes. These guys draw a huge crowd wherever they go and have put out numerous videos and DVDs showing their skills.

Visit www.modifiedmadness.com or call (717) 243-7855 for more information.

Carlisle Events, host of 11 collector car, truck and motorcycle events each year, attracts more than half a million people to its 82-acre fairgrounds in Carlisle, Pa., each year. Included in the annual schedule are two huge automotive swap meets – in the spring and fall – and individual specialty shows featuring Corvettes, Fords, GMs, Chryslers, trucks, motorcycles, sport compacts and imports. Founded in 1974 by friends Bill Miller and Chip Miller, the “Cars at Carlisle” shows attract automotive enthusiasts from around the world.
2gstratusrt
I hope west coast customs have better cars than the ones they do at the show is it states above. I went to school where fishman use to teach. His name is fishman because he drinks like a fish...

Jason
Sonic
QUOTE (2gstratusrt @ Nov 24 2004, 08:38 AM)
I hope west coast customs have better cars than the ones they do at the show is it states above. I went to school where fishman use to teach. His name is fishman because he drinks like a fish...

Jason

“We represent the West Coast Customs flavor, and we’ll showcase our real work. We’ll show what really can be done under one roof,”
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.