post Dec 16 2004, 05:10 PM
Post #1

BAM! BAM!

Group: Banned
Member No.: 116
2005 Dodge Dakota
Quad Cab
v8 / Titanium

My last stratus and this stratus have had the same problem!!!

I had no A/C this past summer, so i got it fixed...and now i get no heat this winter, The only time i get heat is when i let the engine warm up and i lay on the gas. If i am not on the gas at all, the car will not push warm air out the vents. it will just push cold air out.

This is aggrevating considering i have remote start but it has proved to be useless..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Just01RT
post Dec 17 2004, 08:40 AM
Post #2

Your FI whines. My motor growls.

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 758
2006 Dodge Charger R/T
R/T Sedan
5.7l Hemi / 5 sp. auto
Inferno Red

Me too. It seems to be a common problem. Heat only comes out if I'm above 3000 rpms. If i'm stopped or driving slow, cold air blows out. I don't think it could be the coolant because my temp gage reads normal. I would think if there was a problem with coolant, i'd be running hot.

+Quote Post
shotgunefx
post Dec 17 2004, 10:50 AM
Post #3

is officially old

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1599
2002 Chrysler Sebring LXI
LXI Coupe
6G72 3.0 / Sporty
Dk Titanium Metallic

My AC coolant went in a month (lost the charge) but never had problems with the heat and since fixing, I've never had any problems with cooling (about 3 years)

+Quote Post
GrimReaper
post Dec 17 2004, 05:31 PM
Post #4

BAM! BAM!

Group: Banned
Member No.: 116
2005 Dodge Dakota
Quad Cab
v8 / Titanium

It is not the coolant. I do know that my radiator hose is leaking, so that may or may not be the problem. My car is being dropped off at the dealer on monday morning...we'll see how long and how many tries it takes them to fucking fix it.

+Quote Post
DE-StratRT
post Dec 17 2004, 08:35 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1842
2004 Dodge Stratus R/T
R/T Coupe
3.0 V6 / 5 Speed
Deep Red Pearl Coat

Double check both the radiator and the overflow container. Also, when you car is warming up, put the fan on the first notch (1), not the highest one. It will come out warm.

Overall the heater core or the water pump suck on this motor. There definitely isn't enough hot water flowing to keep the fan from totally cooling the water.

+Quote Post
CustomRT
post Dec 21 2004, 12:31 PM
Post #6

Beer!

Member No.: 43
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee
LTD SUV
5.7L / 5spd Auto
Silver

I think you'll find that the radiator itself is a tad low on coolant. The reservoir might look ok, but if you pull the cap off the radiator, you'll see that it's dry up top. I had the same problem on my car until I topped the system off. It was fine after that

+Quote Post
Melodie
post Dec 29 2004, 11:36 PM
Post #7

It's not pretty being easy!

Member No.: 681
2002 Dodge Stratus
SXT Coupe
2.4 / Manual
Indy Red

QUOTE (Redman @ Dec 17 2004, 06:31 PM)
It is not the coolant.  I do know that my radiator hose is leaking, so that may or may not be the problem.  My car is being dropped off at the dealer on monday morning...we'll see how long and how many tries it takes them to fucking fix it.

I had mine looked at 4 times while i still had a warranty.. "unable to duplicate" blah blah.. one time i was low on a/c stuff, but other than that... i'll tell you what.. it sucks to be in a car with the windows rolled up at 95 (and sunroof) with NO a/c while crusin thru a wildlife safari in the lion cage !!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
2003IndyRedR/T
post Dec 31 2004, 05:15 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 2264
2003 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
3.0L V6 / 4-spd Automatic
Indy Red

even if the coolant doesnt appear to be low, there still may be an air pocket somewhere in the cooling system, have them do a coolant flush/pressure test. that should fix it.

+Quote Post
cpoore
post Jan 15 2009, 06:53 AM
Post #9

Just joined...

Group: Members
Member No.: 4404
2002 Dodge Stratus
RT Coupe
3.0 V6 / Autostick
Black

I had the EXACT same problem on my '01 R/T. It turned out to be a bad/loose coolant hose clamp that wasn't allowing enough pressure to build up when idle to produce adequate heat. When idle it would blow cool. When at 2,000 or 3,000 RPMs it would blow warm. Very annoying. Turns out it was only about a $20 fix through the shop. Before getting this fixed I also noticed that it would take much longer than usual for the air to start blowing warm even after the car had completely warmed up. Then all of a sudden you'd see the motor temp jump from 50% to roughly 75% and return back to 50% - the air would immediately start blowing warm at that point. That was always a positive indication that the heat was about to start blowing warm. The shop told me that this was being caused by an air bubble in the coolant system. Another indication I noticed during the summer is that my radiator fan was running much more frequent than usual. I dealt with this all last winter before taking it into the shop this year - only to find out that it was only a $20 fix. If I'd known that I would have gotten it taken care of a long time ago. Anyway, hope this can be of some help to anyone else out there with the same issue.

This post has been edited by cpoore: Jan 15 2009, 06:55 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 07:33 PM