Archi's Do Models!!

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 1722
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
LMT .
4.7L / Auto
Midnight Blue

i meant to say Auto to 5-speed

Ok i know it would be easier to go out and buy a new r/t but, i have spent $1400 in suspension and about $1100 in body work.

So my question is what are the parts i am going to need to find. Also I am assuming that the Eclipse Trans will work.

Manual Trans
Shift Linkage
Shifter assembly
Center councle thing
Computer(which eclipse year is it that does not have a governor?)
Pedal Assembly

i was going to get a stage 3 clutch and fidenza flywheel and possible the qualife lsd to get put on while the trans is out.

I hope to complete this project before spring.

I can get the trans installed for about $600. And i found a manual trans for $900 Shipped, and it has only 9k miles, and the company might buy back my trans.

So again my question is what other parts am i going to need?

Thanks in advance,
Moparman
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stratusfear0206
post Sep 7 2004, 01:24 PM
Post #2

Alumni

Member No.: 611
2002 Dodge Stratus
Coupe
Forcefed v6 / Auto
Black

Who did you find to do the install? Not too many people have been able to pull the swap off.

+Quote Post
MoparMan
post Sep 7 2004, 01:30 PM
Post #3

Archi's Do Models!!

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
LMT .
4.7L / Auto
Midnight Blue

my friend. he works at a jag dealer.

+Quote Post
rtpstrat
post Sep 7 2004, 02:10 PM
Post #4

I read more than I post

Member No.: 1723
2001 Dodge Stratus
SE Coupe
3.0 V6 / Auto
Satin White

This has been discussed many a time. The year is 2000 i believe

(copied)
Tranny
Tranny Bellhousing
Clutch
Flyhwheel
shifter linkage
pedal assembly (brake & clutch)
clutch master cylinder
master cylinder fluid container
shifter
Driver's side motor mount
engine wiring harness
5-speed ECU

+Quote Post
MoparMan
post Sep 8 2004, 11:47 AM
Post #5

Archi's Do Models!!

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
LMT .
4.7L / Auto
Midnight Blue

so will the 00+ Eclipse trans work?

+Quote Post
Stasy
post Sep 8 2004, 11:51 AM
Post #6

I'm a GUY damnit!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 49
2004 Mazda 6s
Sedan
3.0 V6 / 5-Spd
Black

A prayer... (IMG:http://www.2gstratus.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)

Actaully, good luck if you want to try it. I know it's not an easy thing to do in ANY vehicle.

+Quote Post
AllEur0.
post Sep 8 2004, 12:04 PM
Post #7

Human Encyclopedia

Member No.: 2117
2000 Jeep Wrangler
vert
4.0L / 5sp
Patriot Blue

It's actually easy to do in older vehicles, it's just as simple as replacing the tranny, flywheel, and clutch assemblies, hooking up the shift linkage, and installing the shifter, pedals, and master cylinder. The Stratus has the same console for both the manual and automatic transmissions, you just have a separate plate for the automatic to tell you where you are. The shift linkage assemblies I think are also the same, so you're just replacing the shifter itself, the tranny, putting the clutch and flywheel in there in place of the torque converter, and hooking up the clutch and brake pedals, and the master cylinder, then having the ECU flashed for a manual instead of an Automatic(Pretty sure of that one)

+Quote Post
rtpstrat
post Sep 8 2004, 12:53 PM
Post #8

I read more than I post

2001 Dodge Stratus
SE Coupe
3.0 V6 / Auto
Satin White

I believe only the 2000 yr didn't have the gov the ones after it did.

+Quote Post
AllEur0.
post Sep 8 2004, 03:44 PM
Post #9

Human Encyclopedia

2000 Jeep Wrangler
vert
4.0L / 5sp
Patriot Blue

I'm not referring to the governor, I'm talking about shift control. Is it controlled by engine RPM's thorugh a tranny CPU, or through the car's ECU? I think they have different profiles anyway...

+Quote Post
MoparMan
post Sep 8 2004, 06:33 PM
Post #10

Archi's Do Models!!

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
LMT .
4.7L / Auto
Midnight Blue

QUOTE (AllEur0. @ Sep 8 2004, 04:04 PM)
It's actually easy to do in older vehicles, it's just as simple as replacing the tranny, flywheel, and clutch assemblies, hooking up the shift linkage, and installing the shifter, pedals, and master cylinder. The Stratus has the same console for both the manual and automatic transmissions, you just have a separate plate for the automatic to tell you where you are. The shift linkage assemblies I think are also the same, so you're just replacing the shifter itself, the tranny, putting the clutch and flywheel in there in place of the torque converter, and hooking up the clutch and brake pedals, and the master cylinder, then having the ECU flashed for a manual instead of an Automatic(Pretty sure of that one)

From what you say it does not seem to be extremely difficult, the hardest part is finding all the pieces and for a good price.

+Quote Post
AllEur0.
post Sep 8 2004, 06:53 PM
Post #11

Human Encyclopedia

2000 Jeep Wrangler
vert
4.0L / 5sp
Patriot Blue

It takes patience and alot of time. it can be done half-assed in a week, but it takes about a month of weekend warrior work to do right. Yeah, it's all about having all the parts. Call the dealership and get part numbers for everything required to replace an entire manual transmission assembly, and get to shopping.

+Quote Post
rtpstrat
post Sep 8 2004, 08:04 PM
Post #12

I read more than I post

2001 Dodge Stratus
SE Coupe
3.0 V6 / Auto
Satin White

QUOTE (AllEur0. @ Sep 8 2004, 07:44 PM)
I'm not referring to the governor, I'm talking about shift control. Is it controlled by engine RPM's thorugh a tranny CPU, or through the car's ECU? I think they have different profiles anyway...

The cars ECU.. Moparman was asking what yr eclipse didn't have the gov so when he got the 5-speed ecu he might as well try to get one without the gov

+Quote Post
MoparMan
post Sep 9 2004, 02:15 AM
Post #13

Archi's Do Models!!

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
LMT .
4.7L / Auto
Midnight Blue

QUOTE (rtpstrat @ Sep 9 2004, 12:04 AM)
QUOTE (AllEur0. @ Sep 8 2004, 07:44 PM)

The cars ECU.. Moparman was asking what yr eclipse didn't have the gov so when he got the 5-speed ecu he might as well try to get one without the gov

exactly

+Quote Post
Javi R/T
post Sep 9 2004, 05:08 AM
Post #14

O.I.F VET

Member No.: 1706
2001 DODGE STRATUS R/T
COUPE
3.0L V6 / Auto
RED

good luck with everything (IMG:http://www.2gstratus.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I would like to get that done but that is a lot of money I rather use that money to make the car a little faster

+Quote Post
MoparMan
post Sep 9 2004, 12:13 PM
Post #15

Archi's Do Models!!

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
LMT .
4.7L / Auto
Midnight Blue

QUOTE (Javi R/T @ Sep 9 2004, 09:08 AM)
good luck with everything (IMG:http://www.2gstratus.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I would like to get that done but that is a lot of money I rather use that money to make the car a little faster

Well i plan on getting a turbo kit for the car and figured that i want a 5-speed to go with the turbo. plus i hate the auto, it downshifts when i don't want it to and doesn't downshift when i want it to

+Quote Post
MoparMan
post Sep 10 2004, 12:13 PM
Post #16

Archi's Do Models!!

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
LMT .
4.7L / Auto
Midnight Blue

i just talked to the shop that does all my custom work and they said they would do it for me for $500. so that is $100 cheaper than my friend's friend wanted to do for 600. and he said it would take a week, and that's playing it safe. (IMG:http://www.2gstratus.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) :woot:

This is what Ryan said i need
Trans.........................Found for 900
Pedal Tree ................Looking for
Shift Linkage..............Looking for
Clutch........................Getting the one from uncle's motorsport(Spec stage 3)
Flywheel.....................Probably going with a stock resurfaced one
Master Cylinder...........Found on car-parts.com for 50
Shifter........................Going with the one from uncle's motorsports(B&M)

AllEurO He said you can't flash the ecu

And i am wondering what the strats have, fed or cali spec?

moparman

+Quote Post
VTEC Killer
post Sep 28 2004, 08:18 PM
Post #17

Group: Members
Member No.: 2589
1999 Mitsu Galant ES
Sedan
Evolution VII GSR / 5 speed
Silver

QUOTE (rtpstrat @ Sep 7 2004, 03:10 PM)
This has been discussed many a time. The year is 2000 i believe

(copied)
Tranny
Tranny Bellhousing
Clutch
Flyhwheel
shifter linkage
pedal assembly (brake & clutch)
clutch master cylinder
master cylinder fluid container
shifter
Driver's side motor mount
engine wiring harness
5-speed ECU

Guys that parts list is incorrect. i ahve done 3 Succesful Auto to 5 speed swaps on two 1999 Galants and a 2000 Galant. YOu cannot use the ECU from the other car, especially not a mitsu ECU. In 2000, Mitsu started using an Ignition immobilizer which was incorporated into ALL of their cars from 2000 and on. Inside of the cars key there is a small microchip which emits a signal. Once the key is in the ignition the signal is sent to a signal relay (reader) which is in the steering column, that device then verifies the signal and then gives the ECU the green light to start the Car. So in order to make an ECU from another car work you would need the ECU, the Key for the car the ECU came from, as well as the code reader for the Key signal, if that wasnt enough you also need to have your car towed to the dealer so they can read the signal from the key and program your specific key reader to work, the dealer charges $125 to do this. Not to meantion all the parts you need to buy. Also the brake pedal, its huge pain in the @$$, it will take you over2 hours to change the brake pedal, you have to remove the whole brake booster cylinder, wiring etc, its much much easier to use either a dremel to cut about 1" off the left side of your brake pedal to give you more room for your clutch. The holes for the clutch pedal and master cylinder are already indented into your firewall. They just need to be drilled out. You also do not need any new wiring of any kind. What you need to do is set your Tranny Position gear selector to the "park" position so that the ECU will let the car start. THe only parts you should need are as follows

Transmission from an 00+ Eclipse/2g Stratus
Shifter cables
Shifter
Clutch
Flywheel
Master Cylinder
Slave Cylinder
Driver Side Tranny Mount
Clutch Pedal
Various Little bolts to mount up the said items. Which can be easily bought at your local hardware store.

If anyone needs help doing a tranny swap please let me know I can answer any questions you may have, im new over here but im on the eclipse and galant boards alot. My first 5 speed swap took me 3 weeks to do. Do you know why? Because somebody told me I needed a new ECU so before tryin to use my stock one I rewired my entire main harness and I started the car up and it ran for 3 seconds and the immobilizer kicked in and it never started again, so after trouble shooting all my wiring and hours of research I found that I couldnt use the Eclipse ECU, so i again re-wired the main harness back to stock and it worked. My second 5 speed swap took me 10 hours and my third took me just over 8 hours. Practice makes perfect.

This post has been edited by VTEC Killer: Sep 28 2004, 08:20 PM

+Quote Post
MoparMan
post Sep 29 2004, 10:16 AM
Post #18

Archi's Do Models!!

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
LMT .
4.7L / Auto
Midnight Blue

so how would i get the ecu to work?

+Quote Post
fatboyinfl
post Sep 29 2004, 02:27 PM
Post #19

What should I name myself?

Member No.: 1962
2003 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
3.0L V6 / 4 Speed Auto :(
Indy Red

ok, that was good information. Could we split it into another thread and make it a sticky?

+Quote Post
kaioshin
post Sep 29 2004, 04:08 PM
Post #20

Newb Member

Member No.: 2116
2001 Dodge Stratus R/T
Coupe
3.0L SOHC V6 / Auto-stick
Satin white pearl

STICKY!

+Quote Post
VTEC Killer
post Sep 29 2004, 06:06 PM
Post #21

1999 Mitsu Galant ES
Sedan
Silver

QUOTE (MoparMan @ Sep 29 2004, 11:16 AM)
so how would i get the ecu to work?

if you look on the top of your transmission there is a lil black box, its almost triangle shaped, its a gear postion selector, once u put in the new tranny you take that black box, move the gear inside teh box to the "neutral" position then tape that whole box up and tuck it away and never look at it again, and you can kep your stock ECU, the tranny speed sensor is still intact so the engine will read the appropriate load, ive done it 3 times and all 3 times were a success.

+Quote Post
MoparMan
post Sep 30 2004, 02:57 AM
Post #22

Archi's Do Models!!

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
LMT .
4.7L / Auto
Midnight Blue

Thank you so much. You have been soooooo much help!!!!!

+Quote Post
VTEC Killer
post Sep 30 2004, 04:14 AM
Post #23

1999 Mitsu Galant ES
Sedan
Silver

QUOTE (MoparMan @ Sep 30 2004, 03:57 AM)
Thank you so much. You have been soooooo much help!!!!!

No Problem. If you got anymore questions feel free to ask. As well if you check out GalantForums.com and do a search I have done several posts on what you need and so on. I havent finishe writing up the tutorial yet tho, it will be quite long. Just keep this one piece of advice in mind. When removing all your old "automatic" parts, be careful not to break anything, god forbid you want to go back to auto one day or something goes wrong, that stuff aint cheap.....

+Quote Post
21Strat
post Sep 5 2007, 11:27 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 4268
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
STI Sedan
EJ25 / 6 Speed
WRC Blue

QUOTE (VTEC Killer @ Sep 28 2004, 11:18 PM) *
The only parts you should need are as follows

Transmission from an 00+ Eclipse/2g Stratus
Shifter cables
Shifter
Clutch
Flywheel
Master Cylinder
Slave Cylinder
Driver Side Tranny Mount
Clutch Pedal
Various Little bolts to mount up the said items. Which can be easily bought at your local hardware store.

I'm thinking of this as my project over winter. My friend's brother in law works at a performace tranny shop, so I can get a good deal on it. Would this be my part list for converting a 05 2G, using these parts off of an 00+ Eclipse? And I'm assuming when I get one part from an 01, get the rest from an 01? Or does it matter? And I would look for aftermarket parts for the tranny for an 00+ Eclipse GS for my SXT (since I'd probably just get stuff like the flywheel as aftermarket)?

This post has been edited by 21Strat: Sep 5 2007, 11:28 AM

+Quote Post
MoparMan
post Sep 5 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #25

Archi's Do Models!!

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
LMT .
4.7L / Auto
Midnight Blue

QUOTE (21Strat @ Sep 5 2007, 04:27 PM) *
I'm thinking of this as my project over winter. My friend's brother in law works at a performace tranny shop, so I can get a good deal on it. Would this be my part list for converting a 05 2G, using these parts off of an 00+ Eclipse? And I'm assuming when I get one part from an 01, get the rest from an 01? Or does it matter? And I would look for aftermarket parts for the tranny for an 00+ Eclipse GS for my SXT (since I'd probably just get stuff like the flywheel as aftermarket)?

wow, I didn't even remember posting this.

The pars can be from any 2/2.5g Stratus or 3g eclipse. The best way for you to get all the parts and whatnot so it doesnt get tied up in the shop waiting for this lil bolt or this one, is to search and find a totaled from the rear or even the side strat/eclipse. Make sure the engine bay is still good. This way when you do the swap, you have all the parts your going to need, and then some.

+Quote Post
21Strat
post Sep 5 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #26

STI Sedan
EJ25 / 6 Speed
WRC Blue

QUOTE (MoparMan @ Sep 5 2007, 03:18 PM) *
wow, I didn't even remember posting this.
The pars can be from any 2/2.5g Stratus or 3g eclipse. The best way for you to get all the parts and whatnot so it doesnt get tied up in the shop waiting for this lil bolt or this one, is to search and find a totaled from the rear or even the side strat/eclipse. Make sure the engine bay is still good. This way when you do the swap, you have all the parts your going to need, and then some.

Thanks for the tip. I'll look around for one, but if I don't does anyone have a parts list for the swap? I just don't wanna be missing something when I think I have everything.

This post has been edited by 21Strat: Sep 5 2007, 04:06 PM

+Quote Post
Devin 01 RT
post Sep 6 2007, 03:31 AM
Post #27

Banned For Life

Group: Banned
Member No.: 4260
2001 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
3.0L / Autostick
Silver

Well before you committ, look at some of your options.

http://www.club3g.com/forum/eclipse-perfor...ion-faster.html

http://www.importperformancetrans.com/mitsubishiauto.shtml

And if you still want to go through with it..

http://www.club3g.com/forum/3g-eclipse-gt-...ssion-swap.html

Some great threads that go into great details.

http://www.club3g.com/forum/3g-eclipse-rs-...high-stall.html

I know it's C3g but it's the same platform,.. check them out.

+Quote Post
21Strat
post Sep 6 2007, 11:05 AM
Post #28

STI Sedan
EJ25 / 6 Speed
WRC Blue

QUOTE (Devin 01 RT @ Sep 6 2007, 06:31 AM) *
Well before you committ, look at some of your options.

http://www.club3g.com/forum/eclipse-perfor...ion-faster.html

http://www.importperformancetrans.com/mitsubishiauto.shtml
And if you still want to go through with it..

http://www.club3g.com/forum/3g-eclipse-gt-...ssion-swap.html

Some great threads that go into great details.

http://www.club3g.com/forum/3g-eclipse-rs-...high-stall.html
I know it's C3g but it's the same platform,.. check them out.

Thanks for the links. I'll have to check out the converter. I know the tranny would be way more expensive, and it looks (from 3G) that the Auto can be tuned and compete with a stick with the same mods. Has anyone done this to their Strat?

Tearstone has the Street series for $450(stock-300 WHP) and the Pro series for $550(300-500 WHP Applications).

I don't ever plan to have my Strat running that much HP, but I'd assume the Pro would give you better peformace, despite being designed for those applications?

This post has been edited by 21Strat: Sep 6 2007, 11:11 AM

+Quote Post
Devin 01 RT
post Sep 6 2007, 11:40 AM
Post #29

Banned For Life

2001 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
3.0L / Autostick
Silver

Well I know that Rezlo has them too, and I've heard only good reviews about them.

http://shop.rezlo.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=42

They basically just allow you to launch at a higher rpm, 0-60 times are shortened as well as 1/4 mile times, average ETAs off of the Sporty are down .5 second, which is pretty good, but still just not as well as the 5spd. The only Autos that are going to be faster than 5speed are the forced induction ones.. faster shifts and it's always correct.

If you do go down the road of getting a high stall torque converter you will need to get a transmission cooler as well so you can extend your trannys life while you are gaining more power at the wheels.

And as far as I know, nobody has done the swap on their Strat. I plan on doing it hopefully being the first unless you step up soon and do it, I would also love to be the first stratus to have the 6g74 swap, the numbers they put out are pretty good for the money, roughly another 30WHEEL torque over the stock 6g72 and basically the same HP at the wheels. But with a few bolt-ons it will dramatically increase, as well with some basic bolt ons for the 6g74 with larger displacement you will gain much more horsepower.

+Quote Post
21Strat
post Sep 6 2007, 11:55 AM
Post #30

STI Sedan
EJ25 / 6 Speed
WRC Blue

QUOTE (Devin 01 RT @ Sep 6 2007, 02:40 PM) *
Well I know that Rezlo has them too, and I've heard only good reviews about them.

http://shop.rezlo.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=42

They basically just allow you to launch at a higher rpm, 0-60 times are shortened as well as 1/4 mile times, average ETAs off of the Sporty are down .5 second, which is pretty good, but still just not as well as the 5spd. The only Autos that are going to be faster than 5speed are the forced induction ones.. faster shifts and it's always correct.

If you do go down the road of getting a high stall torque converter you will need to get a transmission cooler as well so you can extend your trannys life while you are gaining more power at the wheels.
And as far as I know, nobody has done the swap on their Strat. I plan on doing it hopefully being the first unless you step up soon and do it, I would also love to be the first stratus to have the 6g74 swap, the numbers they put out are pretty good for the money, roughly another 30WHEEL torque over the stock 6g72 and basically the same HP at the wheels. But with a few bolt-ons it will dramatically increase, as well with some basic bolt ons for the 6g74 with larger displacement you will gain much more horsepower.

Hmmm...what would be better overall in your opinion? I still dream of the Strat being fast, but its going to be hard to make that happen. I'm not even sure if I'll have this car in a couple of years. I love it like a child, but its a 4 cyl auto. (IMG:http://www.2gstratus.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

To me, it just seems like the manual would be exactly what I'd want (in a way), but its going to break the bank. The Torque Converter is ideal, especially if I or a friend can install it. The money I save from the tranny swap could be used to go towards something like a turbo if I choose to go that way.

How big of a difference on a 1/4 mile do you think a stick Strat and an auto with a TC would be (with the same mods)? .5 second? .25 second? 1 second?

This post has been edited by 21Strat: Sep 6 2007, 11:56 AM

+Quote Post
Silver03RT
post Sep 6 2007, 12:27 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 3774
2003 Dodge Stratus
RT Coupe
3.0L V6 / Silver

QUOTE (21Strat @ Sep 6 2007, 04:55 PM) *
Hmmm...what would be better overall in your opinion? I still dream of the Strat being fast, but its going to be hard to make that happen. I'm not even sure if I'll have this car in a couple of years. I love it like a child, but its a 4 cyl auto. (IMG:http://www.2gstratus.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

To me, it just seems like the manual would be exactly what I'd want (in a way), but its going to break the bank. The Torque Converter is ideal, especially if I or a friend can install it. The money I save from the tranny swap could be used to go towards something like a turbo if I choose to go that way.

How big of a difference on a 1/4 mile do you think a stick Strat and an auto with a TC would be (with the same mods)? .5 second? .25 second? 1 second?

If I read correctly (correct me if not), sounds like there shouldn't be but maybe a tenth of a second or 2 between them if even that.

+Quote Post
21Strat
post Sep 6 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #32

STI Sedan
EJ25 / 6 Speed
WRC Blue

QUOTE (Silver03RT @ Sep 6 2007, 03:27 PM) *
If I read correctly (correct me if not), sounds like there shouldn't be but maybe a tenth of a second or 2 between them if even that.

That's what I was hoping for. (IMG:http://www.2gstratus.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

It looks like I'll probably go with this after I pay off my new tires, get the R1 Rotors, and a K&N.

I'll keep you guys posted about this and let you know how it goes.

+Quote Post
PocketAce
post Sep 9 2007, 03:51 PM
Post #33

http://sprokt.wordpress.com/

Member No.: 3951
2001 Mazda Miata
Convertible
1.8 I4 / 5 sp. manual
Crystal Blue

QUOTE (Silver03RT @ Sep 6 2007, 04:27 PM) *

Wow, that's pretty good! Very nice. I like.

I need to make some basic maintance (AKA switch my warped front rotors for R1's...) but after that I might think in doing something else.

+Quote Post
Devin 01 RT
post Sep 11 2007, 09:38 AM
Post #34

Banned For Life

2001 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
3.0L / Autostick
Silver

From what's i've researched (read) on the other Forums average drop in 1/4 et is .5 (1/2) of a second. Which is relatively awesome. There are alot of cheap mods out there right now, this guy LogicGate has a tune for $50 in person, or $50 for remote (you ssend back and fourth the ROMs and you need Tactrix ECUFlash cable) .. or $100 for the 'max' tune.

Personally, I plan on getting the cheaper High Stall TQ converter, they're bothing going to do about what I want, I just need a little bit more of the potential unlocked.. I plan on getting the 6g74 engine, some RPW headers, full exhaust, TQ converter, and eventually get the tune. A member on C3G is going to be getting close to 300whp @ 5000 elevation with basic bolt-ons, which is insane for this platform NON-FI

+Quote Post
21Strat
post Sep 11 2007, 01:49 PM
Post #35

STI Sedan
EJ25 / 6 Speed
WRC Blue

QUOTE (Devin 01 RT @ Sep 11 2007, 12:38 PM) *
From what's i've researched (read) on the other Forums average drop in 1/4 et is .5 (1/2) of a second. Which is relatively awesome. There are alot of cheap mods out there right now, this guy LogicGate has a tune for $50 in person, or $50 for remote (you ssend back and fourth the ROMs and you need Tactrix ECUFlash cable) .. or $100 for the 'max' tune.

Personally, I plan on getting the cheaper High Stall TQ converter, they're bothing going to do about what I want, I just need a little bit more of the potential unlocked.. I plan on getting the 6g74 engine, some RPW headers, full exhaust, TQ converter, and eventually get the tune. A member on C3G is going to be getting close to 300whp @ 5000 elevation with basic bolt-ons, which is insane for this platform NON-FI

damn. And I'm about a mile high up. That'd be nice. I definitely wanna see how the swap goes though for ya

+Quote Post
Devin 01 RT
post Sep 12 2007, 04:55 AM
Post #36

Banned For Life

2001 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
3.0L / Autostick
Silver

Just workin' on the money saving part of it (IMG:http://www.2gstratus.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:http://www.2gstratus.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/Chair.gif)

Haha.

+Quote Post
steadly2004
post Nov 20 2007, 06:22 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 3108
2003 Dodge Stratus
sxt Coupe
2.4L / auto
black

Hey, just to throw this out there. You CAN use a manual ECU from any car that is 01+ when doing this swap. There is an issue with the immobilizer, but this function can be deleted with ECUflash. There are some members on club3g.com that can do it, and I can.

Its not plug and play though, you have to get the wiring from the manual car, and cut/solder them to the auto harness. I think that it is doable with a harness from boomslang, but I know that there is always possabilities of problems.

Anyway, I plan on doing this swap when I get a chance. I found a tranny at a junk yard near my house, which will give me all the linkages/tranny/bellhousing/clutch stuff for $700. Then I just have to come up with the cash for a light flywheel/new clutch. And wire up the ECU when I to it.

+Quote Post
21Strat
post Dec 16 2007, 08:59 AM
Post #38

STI Sedan
EJ25 / 6 Speed
WRC Blue

QUOTE (Devin 01 RT @ Sep 12 2007, 06:55 AM) *

How's the tranny swap comin along?

Just thought I'd see if there was any progress on the project.

+Quote Post
21Strat
post Mar 11 2008, 02:55 PM
Post #39

STI Sedan
EJ25 / 6 Speed
WRC Blue

QUOTE (steadly2004 @ Nov 20 2007, 08:22 PM) *
Hey, just to throw this out there. You CAN use a manual ECU from any car that is 01+ when doing this swap. There is an issue with the immobilizer, but this function can be deleted with ECUflash. There are some members on club3g.com that can do it, and I can.

Its not plug and play though, you have to get the wiring from the manual car, and cut/solder them to the auto harness. I think that it is doable with a harness from boomslang, but I know that there is always possabilities of problems.

Anyway, I plan on doing this swap when I get a chance. I found a tranny at a junk yard near my house, which will give me all the linkages/tranny/bellhousing/clutch stuff for $700. Then I just have to come up with the cash for a light flywheel/new clutch. And wire up the ECU when I to it.

Any update on this? Were/are you using the stock slave/master cylinder, transmission mount?

This post has been edited by 21Strat: Mar 11 2008, 02:55 PM

+Quote Post
SyriousBlakk
post Apr 23 2008, 09:01 PM
Post #40

Just joined...

Member No.: 4549
2003 Dodge Stratus
SXT Coupe
2.4L / Auto
Black

good stuff will be gathering prices and seeing how it will work!!

+Quote Post
Casmo
post Apr 23 2008, 10:35 PM
Post #41

Just joined...

Member No.: 4641
2002 Dodge Stratus
SXT Coupe
4 Cylinder / Manual (5)
Maroon

QUOTE (Devin 01 RT @ Sep 12 2007, 06:55 AM) *
Just workin' on the money saving part of it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/Chair.gif)

Haha.

hey just wanted to say be careful bout the eclipse tranny in the strat... thats what i got and know im in the shop for it... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) even though its got only 67000 miles on it, thats if you've done that or not yet. i know this is an older thread and all but saw it so just wondering if you ever decided to do it or not

+Quote Post
MoparMan
post Apr 23 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #42

Archi's Do Models!!

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
LMT .
4.7L / Auto
Midnight Blue

QUOTE (Casmo @ Apr 24 2008, 03:35 AM) *
hey just wanted to say be careful bout the eclipse tranny in the strat... thats what i got and know im in the shop for it... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) even though its got only 67000 miles on it, thats if you've done that or not yet. i know this is an older thread and all but saw it so just wondering if you ever decided to do it or not

???

They are the same tranny!!!!!

+Quote Post
Jaguar7444
post May 17 2008, 04:32 PM
Post #43

Just joined...

Member No.: 4826
2001 Dodge Stratus
SE Coupe
3.0 L V6 / Automatic
Dark Red

QUOTE (MoparMan @ Sep 9 2004, 05:13 PM) *
Well i plan on getting a turbo kit for the car and figured that i want a 5-speed to go with the turbo. plus i hate the auto, it downshifts when i don't want it to and doesn't downshift when i want it to

I don't know too much about cars but can't you just adjust the computer's gear shifting ratios or something?

+Quote Post
steveyboy02
post Jul 8 2008, 01:10 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 765
2002 dodge stratus
Coupe
3.0 / Auto :(
ice silver

is there any update on this yet. i am very interested in the sway. My question is. If you mount the nuetral park switch to the firewall wil the auto harness and speed sensor still work with the 5 speed tranny. any update and pics would be great. Thanks

+Quote Post
dopeys05R/T
post Aug 27 2009, 10:05 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 5442
2005 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
3.0 / AT
Red

QUOTE (steveyboy02 @ Jul 8 2008, 01:10 PM) *
is there any update on this yet. i am very interested in the sway. My question is. If you mount the nuetral park switch to the firewall wil the auto harness and speed sensor still work with the 5 speed tranny. any update and pics would be great. Thanks

Sounds Awsome. I would love to do the swap. Ima start a mod fund and add 50 a week. Hopefully by the time I save enough the tatorial will be out. I would like to put the performance engine rebuild kit on it with a turbo and the pro standerd tranny. So whats the fastest one of these cars has ran the quarter in? Any ten second strats out there?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2014 - 05:37 PM