Post #1

"Its not broken, its broken in!!"

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 1633
2002 3.0L v6 stratus R/T
indy red
auto
mopar or no car

i just read that the new xir headers do not pass emissions in cali is that true for colorado too or should i be fine?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nico
post Oct 12 2004, 07:12 PM
Post #2

Suave, Nico Suave.

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 60
2001 Dodge Stratus
RT Widebody Coupe
6G72T / AutoStick
Black/Red

QUOTE (Nico @ Oct 12 2004, 10:05 PM)
Actually Racing Trenz has been there for awhile and they don't have a dyno.  It's mostly just a bolt-on accessories shop aimed at the hondas.  The 2 places I know that do tuning are Mac Autosport in Parker (Centennial) and PFI in Ft. Collins.  I'm sure there are others but those are the one's I know of.  Go to COSR.com (Colorado Street Racing) and browse around there, they stay on top of the import scene in CO and also have a calendar for upcoming shows/meets, etc.

Worst case senario is you don't pass the test and you have to retake it without the headers on. It's been proven that you can fool emissions tests with you modified car by using high octane fuel, I mean like high 90s to 100 octane fuel if you can find it. I know there's a Sonoco in Centennial that has like 96. The other thing to try is drive through the mobile emissions stations (the vans), if you pass that test it's supposed to automatically show on your registration renewal that your car passed. They use your license plate to record the result. You can also go to the Colorado Air Care website and check the status of your test if you went through a mobile testing location or you can find out where the vans will be to pass through it. Then when you register you just pay the $25 fee with your registration.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2019 - 04:48 AM