2GStratus

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wanna improve your milleage?, I have a good trick for you!
subercoupe
post May 11 2007, 09:45 AM
Post #1

Subercoupe

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 889
2001 Chrysler Sebring
LXi Coupe
3.0 liters / Autostick
Evergreen

Hi guys,

I fund that in the net and it works great on my ride! (Make a search " Acetone like additive" ).

I mix a little 4 oz of pure acetone in 60 liters of 87 octane! (And stay with this ratio!).It improved my milleage by 3-3.5 milles/ imp. gallon! (Imperial Gallon).It Improves the vaporisation of fuel!

For a full tank, i usually make 80-85km of more! I'm using acetone since two 1/2 years and i did'nt have any problems!My record is 640 km/tank, speed average 125km in speedway.

Other advantages? Acetone has 150 octane, fund the engine more easier to start,more nervious too.

A other trick for JDawgg....i removed performance tires and go back to Eagle LS (4 seasons) and i improve the milleage too! Soft rubber with agressive tread does'nt help!!!

Also, acetone is not given ,(Can.$7.00/liter) but it's free at my work! When you filled up (new mix in) your ride, go back at home and reset your ECM! It will recognise the new fuel!

Enjoy the new milleage!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JoeKamel
post May 11 2007, 10:50 AM
Post #2

B5 > *

Member No.: 3273
2003 Dodge Stratus
RT Coupe
6G72 / Automatic
Caffe Latte

I remember Mythbusters doing this last season. Didn't work. Plus, acetone is an organic solvent, which means that every part in your fuel system that's rubber or plastic will be slowly eaten away if you use it long enough.

+Quote Post
Pearl01stratcpe
post May 11 2007, 11:41 AM
Post #3

2g Pimps

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 4018
2012 Nissan Maxima
SV Sedan
VQ35DE / CVT
Pearl White

Goodyear Eagle LS tires suck. NEVER BUY THEM. They wear alright, but suck in rain. Can you say understeer?

+Quote Post
Stratuscaster
post May 11 2007, 11:45 AM
Post #4

oh noes!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
1998 Dodge Stratus
Sedan
2.4L DOHC I4 / 4-speed Auto
Deep Amythyst

Ah! The wonders of cut and paste!

I don't want my car to be more "nervious".

+Quote Post
03 R/T StRaT
post May 11 2007, 04:04 PM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 3801
2003 dodge stratus R/T
R/T coupe
3.00 / 5 sp manual
gun metal grey

I herd about it awhile ago and actually did it for awhile also. it did improve my milage, it just became such a hassle trying to mix it everytime i filled up. You do have to be very specific and accurate when you measure the amount cause if you go over the 4 ounces then it will actually decrease the milage. A friend of ours uses it in his deisle and he loves it. In the winter it starts easier, it idles smoother and it almost completely got rid of all his black smoke. He has been using it for a couple years now ans swears by it. Hes the one who told me about it and showed me the article he got off line, he tells everyone about it.
It made me nervious the first time i used it, but if you read the article thats online it expains what it does and how it works

+Quote Post
Pearl01stratcpe
post May 11 2007, 04:09 PM
Post #6

2g Pimps

2012 Nissan Maxima
SV Sedan
VQ35DE / CVT
Pearl White

I guess because its such a small percentage of acetone, it might bot hurt the fuel lines, but im not brave enough to try it. 29mpg is good enough for me and my peace of mind.

+Quote Post
subercoupe
post May 16 2007, 05:35 AM
Post #7

Subercoupe

2001 Chrysler Sebring
LXi Coupe
3.0 liters / Autostick
Evergreen

Hi guys,

About (4oz) of Acetone (in 60liters), it represents just 0.18 % solvent in fuel tank! It so little, it won't hurt anything in fuel system. I always used a 8oz white board cleaner plastic bottle, good for two full tanks!It just takes a minute to put some (4oz) in and fill up gaz after.

Mythbusters....haha! What a bunch of jokers! It sure won't work on all cars! Some of my students tried using it with their cars and Honda's product doesn't work at all! But Saturn's (with Eco Tech) run great, my friend adds 100km to a full tank! No shit!(on highway, no AC, 125-130 km + cruise).

Acetone burns very clean and there's no residue!

Eagle LS are shit and have low rolling resistance!It add 2.5 milles/Imp.Gal. !!!

I have a Scan gauge II and at 100-110km(no AC), it gave me a good 7.5 km/lte!

Not bad for a 3200lbs car!

It's up to you!

+Quote Post
SexyStratus02
post May 16 2007, 08:56 AM
Post #8

Whoosh!

Member No.: 2638
2006 Mazdaspeed 6
Sedan
2.3 DISI / 6-speed
Black Cherry Mica

This is a really stupid thread. Do you really want to risk the potentially long term internal damage for a little better gas mileage? Why not just drive slower....and that is good for your car in the long run. (IMG:http://www.2gstratus.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post
subercoupe
post May 16 2007, 09:21 AM
Post #9

Subercoupe

2001 Chrysler Sebring
LXi Coupe
3.0 liters / Autostick
Evergreen

It hurts something...i don't think so!

I checked spark plugs condition (3 front) last winter and all are ok! (light brown).

There's no risk of detonation 'cause Acetone has 150 octane number .

Oh, i forgot that! Ignition timing (idle) turns 14 to 16 Deg. after each fill-up (checked by the scan gauge 2)

Stupid thread? Really?

+Quote Post
Pearl01stratcpe
post May 16 2007, 11:49 AM
Post #10

2g Pimps

2012 Nissan Maxima
SV Sedan
VQ35DE / CVT
Pearl White

QUOTE (subercoupe @ May 16 2007, 10:35 AM) *
Eagle LS are shit and have low rolling resistance!It add 2.5 milles/Imp.Gal. !!!

I have a Scan gauge II and at 100-110km(no AC), it gave me a good 7.5 km/lte!

It sounds like youre selling this shit to us (IMG:http://www.2gstratus.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Also, this is the US, and we dont really do the whole metric thing (IMG:http://www.2gstratus.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
AllEur0.
post May 16 2007, 12:07 PM
Post #11

Human Encyclopedia

Member No.: 2117
2000 Jeep Wrangler
vert
4.0L / 5sp
Patriot Blue

Here comes Devil's Advocate to dispel some of these myths, and to help with others.

1: OEM fuel lines can handle 4oz of Acetone in fuel. They're built to handle the aromatics that are already in gasoline, such as Ethanol. Winter gas in areas like mine can have up to 25% ethanol and other aromatics. This means that it's highly unlikely that this little bit of acetone will damage anything over the lifespan of the car.

2: Acetone does have an effect, but it's not due to octane rating of the acetone itself, it's due to the depolarization of the gas molecules which helps with atomization of the fuel in the combustion chamber. Acetone is a very light aromatic(alcohol) and has very little energy per volume, relative to gasoline. This means that if you put too much into your gas tank, it'll "thin" the gasoline mixture and the mixture itself will have less energy per volume. This will make you lose power, or fuel economy, or both. This is the issue with E85...30% less energy per volume than gasoline so it's rather inefficient to produce and use. It's also not "4 ounces"...it's 4 ounces per set volume of gasoline. Think about that....if it's 4oz per tankful in a stratus, and you add 4oz every time you fill up...you're effectively adding a higher ratio of acetone to gasoline every time as there's already acetone present in the gas tank with the remaining few gallons of fuel. The only way to avoid this is to run it until it's bone dry before filling...not good for the car or the fuel pump, or your Nikes if you have to walk to the gas station.

3: You need to learn English. My 6 year old daughter speaks and writes better english than you.

4: Stop selling this stuff...the odds of anyone buying any product you may or may not be selling right now from this board are slim. Put the facts out there, cite your sources, prove what you're saying. Stop coming in here spouting stuff you've read on the internet...get some hard facts and come back.

5: Not everyone on this site is from the US. Therefore, it's quite acceptable to use metric...and if you have issue with that, just look up the conversion rates and do the conversion yourself. liters/Km....divide the number by liters/gallon, then multiply by Km/mile.

This post has been edited by AllEur0.: May 16 2007, 12:16 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2018 - 10:25 AM