post Jan 5 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 4268
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
STI Sedan
EJ25 / 6 Speed
WRC Blue

So Saturday night, I'm coming home from work. The whole day there was a light snow, so by the time I left it had already stuck to the ground. Coming down the road, eager to come watch my Chargers play the Colts, it happens. As I'm heading west, my light turns green a good 200 feet before I come to it. Due to the roads and FWD, I'm crusing 20-25 mph. Loh and behold, a forest green mid 90s Jeep Cherokee decides to pull out into the intersection as I'm about 25 feet from it. I see this and immeditaley think "HOLY FUCK!!!" and tap the brakes to slow down and try to avoid the inevitable. The lady is clueless about everything going on and doesn't either A: stop or B: speed the fuck up and get out of the damn intersection since a car is coming right at you!

Bam. The Stratus and chunk of cement aka Jeep Cherokee collide. The front end of the Strat essentially t bones her passenger side of the Jeep, directly between the two doors. I brace for impact; expecting the seatbelt to wring my neck and the airbag to bust my nose. I scream as I see my hood bend and bend and bend. I jump out into the frigid temperature beyond pissed off. My baby, the car I've grown to love despite all the trials and tribulations I've run across with, are hurt. Her headlights beam and flicker at me as one dies before my eyes. The radiator purges anitfreeze all over the road, steam clouding the entire hood and engine bay. I see silver pieces strung across the intersection, my car no longer having that 'pissed off' look our front ends give, but rather looking like it belongs in and ITC.

I am in sheer despair, sad that my car has been sabotaged by a bastard Jeep product. Cops are called, and there is an apparent fire in the area. They'll be there "within the next hour or so" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) . I am in disbelief. I am beyond mad at this lady. All it too was to not pay attention to the road and change her radio and "see green (being my light) out of the corner of her eye" so she went.

We pull off the main street into the grocery store parking lot next to us. Cops finally show up about an hour and fifteen minutes later. The accident report is filed, and the information is exchanged. She admitted fault, and the baby is sitting across the street at Euro Collision waiting to be examined, as my binoculars sit on the window ledge overlooking their shop. My rental car sits outside, a Saturn Aura hybrid, right where my baby used to sleep for the night.

I look at pictures of my car named Daisy, since she always used to brighten the day when I saw her and got in, regardless of what was wrong with her or how pissed off she made me. I remember how happy I was the day I got my first 'real' car, trading a POS 88 Chevy Lumina for her. I remember every picture I took of her, when it was, where, and if I was with anyone. I remember the pain in the ass things were to install no matter how easy they normally are. I look at the very most recent one and miss her more than anything.

(IMG:http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/58/l_7d232b477c9a44d9a7859d275c99ad99.gif)

(IMG:http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/24/l_48b9af4febf54600ad69a8ec3bfb313d.gif)

(IMG:http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/7/l_034d1ed7ca694fb591bb9543ef941d3d.jpg)

This post has been edited by 21Strat: Jan 5 2009, 09:48 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stratusfear0206
post Jan 5 2009, 09:56 AM
Post #2

Alumni

Member No.: 611
2002 Dodge Stratus
Coupe
Forcefed v6 / Auto
Black

I'm real sorry to see your Strat like that, you've done a nice job keeping it clean. For what its worth, the damage seems to be mostly superficial, and you'll probably walk away with a nice new front end paint job and radiator.

This post has been edited by stratusfear0206: Jan 5 2009, 09:58 AM

+Quote Post
JVP
post Jan 5 2009, 11:17 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 5144
04 Dodge stratus r/t
RT coupe
6g72 / manual
black

Yeah that blows fat donkey dick. Well look at it this way you will probably get a fancy new front end with no holes in the front end from where the liscense plate use to be. Bad side, out your deductible and you will have to take apart those damned headlights again.

+Quote Post
wiseoracle
post Jan 5 2009, 12:30 PM
Post #4

2g Pimps

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 2719
2010 Dodge Challenger
SRT8 Coupe
6.1L V8 / Tremec 6 Speed
Red

Sorry to hear about your accident. Been there and done that. At least the person wo(manned) up and admitted fault.

+Quote Post
Pearl01stratcpe
post Jan 5 2009, 01:50 PM
Post #5

2g Pimps

Member No.: 4018
2012 Nissan Maxima
SV Sedan
VQ35DE / CVT
Pearl White

Damn dude that sucks. Hopefully the headlights weren't to hard to clear corner, they looked great. It doesnt look like there is enough damage to total it, but pictures can be deceiving.

+Quote Post
MitsuR/T
post Jan 5 2009, 02:26 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 3784
3g dodge stripse
R/T coupe
the slow one / autocrap
2tone roof fade

sweet...you found a way to open up our lights!

+Quote Post
PharmEcis
post Jan 5 2009, 02:32 PM
Post #7

UCSPerformance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 518
2001 Dodge Stratus R/T
R/T Coupe
3.0 V6 Turbo / 5 Spd Manual
Ice Silver

That sucks, but it's not totaled!

+Quote Post
21Strat
post Jan 5 2009, 09:06 PM
Post #8

STI Sedan
EJ25 / 6 Speed
WRC Blue

Haha thanks for making it a little more bearable guys. I talked to my insurance company today, and apparently since I turned in the claim right away (I forgot exactly what they called it), I don't even have to pay my deductable, which I found strange. But I'll take it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Goddamit the headlights are gonna be a PITA again. At least I'll know how to do it firsthand. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Speaking of the front bumper, I'm gonna ask em to not put holes for the plate. Now if there was just a way to get them to put in foglights... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

rofl @ mopar/t....I thought the same

This post has been edited by 21Strat: Jan 5 2009, 09:07 PM

+Quote Post
stratusfear0206
post Jan 5 2009, 09:52 PM
Post #9

Alumni

2002 Dodge Stratus
Coupe
Forcefed v6 / Auto
Black

QUOTE (21Strat @ Jan 6 2009, 01:06 AM) *
Haha thanks for making it a little more bearable guys. I talked to my insurance company today, and apparently since I turned in the claim right away (I forgot exactly what they called it), I don't even have to pay my deductable, which I found strange. But I'll take it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Goddamit the headlights are gonna be a PITA again. At least I'll know how to do it firsthand. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Speaking of the front bumper, I'm gonna ask em to not put holes for the plate. Now if there was just a way to get them to put in foglights... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

rofl @ mopar/t....I thought the same

Dude, this is a perfect opportunity to throw the 01-02 front end on! The headlights for the 01-02 are very easy to break open.

+Quote Post
PocketAce
post Jan 5 2009, 09:55 PM
Post #10

http://sprokt.wordpress.com/

Member No.: 3951
2001 Mazda Miata
Convertible
1.8 I4 / 5 sp. manual
Crystal Blue

QUOTE (stratusfear0206 @ Jan 6 2009, 12:52 AM) *
Dude, this is a perfect opportunity to throw the 01-02 front end on! The headlights for the 01-02 are very easy to break open.

And look better as well, but not as good as a 2g Sebring. lol!

How's that monster Stratus treating ya Stratusfear?

+Quote Post
21Strat
post Jan 5 2009, 10:45 PM
Post #11

STI Sedan
EJ25 / 6 Speed
WRC Blue

QUOTE (stratusfear0206 @ Jan 6 2009, 12:52 AM) *

Hahahahahahaha that crossed my mind as well. Do you think they'd let me do it? After all, its my car and the stuff would probably be cheaper for the 01-02s for the insurance company..? The only thing weird would be what I would do when I sell/trade it in lol

+Quote Post
StratusV6
post Jan 5 2009, 11:07 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 5082
2006 Pontiac G6
GTP Coupe
3.9L V6 / sportshift
crimson red

While reading that i shed a tear lol. It doesnt look bad at all btw nice job on the clear corners now you get to relive your experince of the PITA headlight again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
PharmEcis
post Jan 6 2009, 06:58 AM
Post #13

UCSPerformance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 518
2001 Dodge Stratus R/T
R/T Coupe
3.0 V6 Turbo / 5 Spd Manual
Ice Silver

All the insurance company is going to do is cut you the check. Whatever shop you take it to will do whatever you want.

+Quote Post
SexyStratus02
post Jan 6 2009, 08:26 AM
Post #14

Whoosh!

Member No.: 2638
2006 Mazdaspeed 6
Sedan
2.3 DISI / 6-speed
Black Cherry Mica

QUOTE (JVP @ Jan 5 2009, 04:17 PM) *
Bad side, out your deductible and you will have to take apart those damned headlights again.

QUOTE (21Strat @ Jan 6 2009, 02:06 AM) *

Well, didn't you say that she admitted fault?? As far as I have always known, the driver at fault has to pay for all repairs with their insurance.

Hey, at least the Chargers won!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
21Strat
post Jan 6 2009, 11:03 AM
Post #15

STI Sedan
EJ25 / 6 Speed
WRC Blue

QUOTE (PharmEcis @ Jan 6 2009, 09:58 AM) *
All the insurance company is going to do is cut you the check. Whatever shop you take it to will do whatever you want.

Hmmm... damn you all for making me think about the front end swap more and more. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Is anyone good or half decent with photoshop that can throw something together? I'll find a front end pic.

+Quote Post
21Strat
post Jan 6 2009, 11:04 AM
Post #16

STI Sedan
EJ25 / 6 Speed
WRC Blue

QUOTE (SexyStratus02 @ Jan 6 2009, 11:26 AM) *
Well, didn't you say that she admitted fault?? As far as I have always known, the driver at fault has to pay for all repairs with their insurance.

Hey, at least the Chargers won!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Yeah, she admitted fault. I thought the same, but apparently I'd pay a deductable for, I guess, not filing a clam on time?

True about the Chargers. Awesome game. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
stratusfear0206
post Jan 6 2009, 06:35 PM
Post #17

Alumni

2002 Dodge Stratus
Coupe
Forcefed v6 / Auto
Black

QUOTE (PocketAce @ Jan 6 2009, 02:55 AM) *
And look better as well, but not as good as a 2g Sebring. lol!

How's that monster Stratus treating ya Stratusfear?

Well, so far so good. I haven't been able to really mess around with it since the snow moved in. The Jeep has been getting all of the driving time and probably will until the spring. I think around March I will start to fine tune my new set up and do a little bit of maintenance. The timing belt is a bit over due for a change and so is the tranny fluid. I really do think this new blower will make the car a beast!

Hmmm... damn you all for making me think about the front end swap more and more.

Is anyone good or half decent with photoshop that can throw something together? I'll find a front end pic.

(IMG:http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l151/SuperStrat02/Strat%20HIDs/StratHID.jpg)
(IMG:http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l151/SuperStrat02/Strat%20HIDs/frontHID.jpg)

That's pretty much what your Strat could look like. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
21Strat
post Jan 8 2009, 06:56 AM
Post #18

STI Sedan
EJ25 / 6 Speed
WRC Blue

I wish it could happen Stratusfear.

Today, I just got a call from the shop. After looking at it, they discovered the two frame rails were bent from the front to the back (I don't know exactly what that is). The car be declared totaled (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
stratusfear0206
post Jan 8 2009, 07:47 AM
Post #19

Alumni

2002 Dodge Stratus
Coupe
Forcefed v6 / Auto
Black

QUOTE (21Strat @ Jan 8 2009, 10:56 AM) *

Today, I just got a call from the shop. After looking at it, they discovered the two frame rails were bent from the front to the back (I don't know exactly what that is). The car be declared totaled (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I'm sorry man! That really sucks. Maybe you can pick up another Strat?

+Quote Post
PocketAce
post Jan 8 2009, 08:03 AM
Post #20

http://sprokt.wordpress.com/

Member No.: 3951
2001 Mazda Miata
Convertible
1.8 I4 / 5 sp. manual
Crystal Blue

QUOTE (21Strat @ Jan 8 2009, 09:56 AM) *

OH NO!

That sucks. Well, look at the bright side, you'll be able to get a WHOLE 2g Stratus instead of frankensteining the front clip of one. Make sure to get a 5 speed manual one too.

+Quote Post
LastDayBack
post Jan 8 2009, 08:04 PM
Post #21

I brought a knife to a gun fight...and won.

Member No.: 5054
2001 Dodge Stratus
SE Coupe
V6 3.0 L / Automatic
Deep Sapphire Blue

it makes me wanna cry, out loud even!

+Quote Post
AllEur0.
post Jan 13 2009, 06:20 PM
Post #22

Human Encyclopedia

Member No.: 2117
2000 Jeep Wrangler
vert
4.0L / 5sp
Patriot Blue

Hey hey hey hey hey. Hey.

It's not the Jeep's fault, it's the dumbass driver's fault for being a blind/dumb bitch who needs to go back to driver's ed.

That really sucks though man...have any pics of the jeep after the fact? It would be a nice comparo to keep handy on the Jeep boards.

+Quote Post
Stasy
post Jan 13 2009, 07:14 PM
Post #23

I'm a GUY damnit!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 49
2004 Mazda 6s
Sedan
3.0 V6 / 5-Spd
Black

I remember putting my front bumper into a poor sucker's buick. (asshole in the caravan going paintballing, started to pull out of an intersection, then slammed on his brakes). Jeep, one small scratch on plastic bumper...Buick ass end...fucked. That was a costly out-of-pocket fix. LOL!

+Quote Post
21Strat
post Jan 14 2009, 10:16 AM
Post #24

STI Sedan
EJ25 / 6 Speed
WRC Blue

QUOTE (AllEur0. @ Jan 13 2009, 07:20 PM) *
Hey hey hey hey hey. Hey.

It's not the Jeep's fault, it's the dumbass driver's fault for being a blind/dumb bitch who needs to go back to driver's ed.

That really sucks though man...have any pics of the jeep after the fact? It would be a nice comparo to keep handy on the Jeep boards.

Don't have any...yet. If I do, I'll post em up.

For example, here's a pic of a jeep similiar to hers:

(IMG:http://www.rt58ms.com/Portals/16/xmod/packages/GDXM/Cars/images/1994%20Jeep%20Cherokee%209729.JPG)

My car nailed her right inbetween the two doors. The doors were pushed in maybe a couple of inches. The bottom "sideskirt" piece got bent in as well. She could open and close those two very doors though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post
21Strat
post Jan 14 2009, 10:17 AM
Post #25

STI Sedan
EJ25 / 6 Speed
WRC Blue

QUOTE (PocketAce @ Jan 8 2009, 09:03 AM) *
OH NO!

That sucks. Well, look at the bright side, you'll be able to get a WHOLE 2g Stratus instead of frankensteining the front clip of one. Make sure to get a 5 speed manual one too.

too late. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
AllEur0.
post Jan 14 2009, 03:37 PM
Post #26

Human Encyclopedia

Member No.: 2117
2000 Jeep Wrangler
vert
4.0L / 5sp
Patriot Blue

Not bad for a unibody...XJ for the win. Can't wait for the actual pics. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
jstrat
post Jan 28 2009, 10:02 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 5173
03 dodge stratus
sxt coupe
2.4 sohc / 5 spd manual
black

damn dude breaks my heart!! stupid unaware drivers!!!

This post has been edited by jstrat: Jan 28 2009, 10:06 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2018 - 09:02 AM