Post #1

Human Encyclopedia

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 2117
2000 Jeep Wrangler
vert
4.0L / 5sp
Patriot Blue

Since I'm going to be taking a graphic art class in the fall for an Oral credit to finish my degree, I figured I'd brush up on my photoshop skills by making myself a new sig image. I took the background off of a RGB HiRISE (High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment) image of sand dunes on the surface of Mars (able to see these in Google Earth, btw) and added a modest touch in the form of my screen name. I made it on one screen and am looking at it on another screen with less contrast...so it looks a little washed out, but it looked stellar on the big monitor. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) Higher contrast, lower brightness, should really make the quality pop.

Clicking on it also takes you to my "homepage" which needs some serious work. Right now it's just a directory.

In the future I'll be trying more major changes to images when I get more accustomed to the program again. I've had some time off. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by AllEur0.: Mar 29 2009, 07:45 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
modme_over
post Mar 30 2009, 12:36 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 4701
2002 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
3.0 / manual
White

ohhhh prettyyyy

+Quote Post
boostedsohc
post Mar 31 2009, 01:26 PM
Post #3

Just joined...

Member No.: 5277
2001 Dodge Stratus
RT Coupe
V6 / Auto
Red

That's pretty sweet. Looks cool.

+Quote Post
jbrill19
post Mar 31 2009, 08:42 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4420
2001 Dodge Stratus
RT Coupe
3.0L V6 / Manual
Silver

very nice definitely something different

+Quote Post
AllEur0.
post Jun 13 2009, 09:32 AM
Post #5

Human Encyclopedia

2000 Jeep Wrangler
vert
4.0L / 5sp
Patriot Blue

Rather than cluttering up the forum, could someone change the title of this thread to Eur0's Photoshop Showoff?

Anyway, it was brought up by my club president that we should update the club logo for printed stickers and website banner and all of that...so I decided to put my name into the hat. The logo we had before was really simple, and rather outdated (hence the call for a change).

Here's the old:
(IMG:http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/1937/4621/4842310010_large.jpg)

And my second shot at the new:

(IMG:http://www.a11eur0.com/gallery/d/6488-2/AOCR3.gif)

And the latest rendition....I like this a lot better:

(IMG:http://www.a11eur0.com/gallery/d/6591-2/AOCR5.gif)

This post has been edited by AllEur0.: Jun 15 2009, 10:37 PM

+Quote Post
HoldxFast86
post Jun 13 2009, 11:02 AM
Post #6

Snootchie bootchies!

Member No.: 4675
2004 Dodge Stratus
RT Coupe
6G72 3.0L V6 / 5 Speed
Pearl Blue

Do it in Illustrator it will look a lot better.

+Quote Post
AllEur0.
post Jun 13 2009, 11:09 AM
Post #7

Human Encyclopedia

2000 Jeep Wrangler
vert
4.0L / 5sp
Patriot Blue

QUOTE (HoldxFast86 @ Jun 13 2009, 11:02 AM) *

It looks fine at full size, no pixellation, and 90% of that can't be done in illustrator anyway.

This post has been edited by AllEur0.: Jun 13 2009, 11:14 AM

+Quote Post
UTstratus07
post Jun 13 2009, 12:44 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 4598
2001 Dodge Stratus
RT coupe
3.0 L V6 / Tiptronic
White

I definitely like the last one a lot better, the silver outline doesn't make it stick out quite as much. Nice job

+Quote Post
fatboyinfl
post Jun 14 2009, 07:33 AM
Post #9

What should I name myself?

Member No.: 1962
2003 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
3.0L V6 / 4 Speed Auto :(
Indy Red

QUOTE (HoldxFast86 @ Jun 13 2009, 03:02 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Learn what the difference between vector art and bmp are before giving graphic design advise.

Euro, I really like the last one.

+Quote Post
dk89
post Jun 14 2009, 10:12 AM
Post #10

Respect is Earned.

Member No.: 4611
2002 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
V6 3.0L / Manual
Pearl

I like the last one the best too...

I would say that it could be more fine around the edges though... It probably looks fine to most people and everything ... but I've got a 26" LCD TV as my monitor... So it's rather rough on the outside. (mostly on the bottom portion because of the shadow effect I believe)

Other than that, I like it.
Nice work.

+Quote Post
HoldxFast86
post Jun 14 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #11

Snootchie bootchies!

2004 Dodge Stratus
RT Coupe
6G72 3.0L V6 / 5 Speed
Pearl Blue

I know the difference and I can fully recreate that image in Illustrator.

+Quote Post
AllEur0.
post Jun 14 2009, 09:21 PM
Post #12

Human Encyclopedia

2000 Jeep Wrangler
vert
4.0L / 5sp
Patriot Blue

QUOTE (dk89 @ Jun 14 2009, 09:12 AM) *
I like the last one the best too...

I would say that it could be more fine around the edges though... It probably looks fine to most people and everything ... but I've got a 26" LCD TV as my monitor... So it's rather rough on the outside. (mostly on the bottom portion because of the shadow effect I believe)

Other than that, I like it.
Nice work.

It's pixellated because of how it was saved: as a .gif. If they decide to go with this for the decal, I'll remove the copyright logo, save it as a .png and send it to the printers, no jagged edges whatsoever. Also, saving it as a .jpg for use as my desktop background also toned down the pixellation quite a bit. I only saved it as a .gif because having a solid color background as a .jpg doesn't seem as professional or clean, and other formats which allow transparency are really just pigs...I wanted to show the internal detail, so if you can look past the aliasing effect that's really just at the edges you'll see the true meat and potatoes of what I was trying to accomplish. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

And HoldFast: I'm not going to get into a dick-measuring contest about who can do what in which program...if you want to show me up, make something if you want, but I don't give a rat's ass either way. There are people out there who can do better shit than I can, I never once claimed to be a photoshop god, so if you want to stroke your ego over something so petty and idiotic by all means go ahead.

This post has been edited by AllEur0.: Jun 14 2009, 09:51 PM

+Quote Post
HoldxFast86
post Jun 15 2009, 02:37 PM
Post #13

Snootchie bootchies!

2004 Dodge Stratus
RT Coupe
6G72 3.0L V6 / 5 Speed
Pearl Blue

QUOTE (AllEur0. @ Jun 15 2009, 01:21 AM) *
And HoldFast: I'm not going to get into a dick-measuring contest about who can do what in which program...if you want to show me up, make something if you want, but I don't give a rat's ass either way. There are people out there who can do better shit than I can, I never once claimed to be a photoshop god, so if you want to stroke your ego over something so petty and idiotic by all means go ahead.

I wasn't trying to start an argument. I was just offering my opinion. fatboyinfl called me out. I do this kinda stuff for a living. Ill keep my words to myself from now on.

+Quote Post
AllEur0.
post Jun 15 2009, 08:27 PM
Post #14

Human Encyclopedia

2000 Jeep Wrangler
vert
4.0L / 5sp
Patriot Blue

QUOTE (HoldxFast86 @ Jun 15 2009, 02:37 PM) *
I wasn't trying to start an argument. I was just offering my opinion. fatboyinfl called me out. I do this kinda stuff for a living. Ill keep my words to myself from now on.

Sorry but if you do this stuff for a living why is your entire flickr album photography? And usually if you had an "opinion" you'd give specific reasons for why it would look better if it was done in one program over another...what could improve? Don't come at me with that crap if you can't back it up. If you weren't trying to start an argument you wouldn't have just shit on my image without offering an alternative.

I've seen people who have been doing "this kind of stuff for a living" and SUCK at it. Hell, before just a little bit ago you didn't even know there were special brushes. Wow. Good for you, doing crap for a living. Don't come into my thread saying crap like that, I didn't go into your thread and say your 101-level silhouette-on-gradient thing was elementary....although it is. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
HoldxFast86
post Jun 15 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #15

Snootchie bootchies!

2004 Dodge Stratus
RT Coupe
6G72 3.0L V6 / 5 Speed
Pearl Blue

QUOTE (AllEur0. @ Jun 15 2009, 11:27 PM) *
Sorry but if you do this stuff for a living why is your entire flickr album photography? And usually if you had an "opinion" you'd give specific reasons for why it would look better if it was done in one program over another...what could improve? Don't come at me with that crap if you can't back it up. If you weren't trying to start an argument you wouldn't have just shit on my image without offering an alternative.

I've seen people who have been doing "this kind of stuff for a living" and SUCK at it. Hell, before just a little bit ago you didn't even know there were special brushes. Wow. Good for you, doing crap for a living. Don't come into my thread saying crap like that, I didn't go into your thread and say your 101-level silhouette-on-gradient thing was elementary....although it is. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Sounds like I hit a sensitive spot. Doing a little read up on me eh? I'm pretty sure Flickr is geared towards photography? Why would I load it up with designs and logos? And the silhouette was a little less than a year ago. A lot has changed. And all of that was just messing around with the new brushes. I don't think I said anything negative about your logo. I don't see why you're coming at me like this. But I guess you get an attitude quickly. Doing it in Illustrator would solve that shitty pixel problem. And make it look less like 1995 clipart. But if you're only using it for web... I'm wrong and it should be done in PS.

I'm not wasting anymore time in this thread.

This post has been edited by HoldxFast86: Jun 15 2009, 08:53 PM

+Quote Post
AllEur0.
post Jun 15 2009, 10:33 PM
Post #16

Human Encyclopedia

2000 Jeep Wrangler
vert
4.0L / 5sp
Patriot Blue

Wow how many fucking times do I have to say it...THE PIXELLATION IS BECAUSE IT'S A FUCKING .GIF.

Seriously...every low-size image is going to have pixellation when saved from a large bitmap file into a smaller low-quality format. And if that's the only problem you can find. WHEN I send it off to be printed, it'll be in a high resolution .tiff or .eps WITHOUT the pixellation, and it will be printed WITHOUT the pixellation, so your ENTIRE argument with your really stupid attempt at pissing me off (calling it 1995 clip art...lol...when you can give something actual dimension you can talk shit to me) is null and void. Thank you for pissing off, now go play with brushes some more.

I fucking told you I wasn't here to measure cock size against you but you had to go ahead and come back at me with your self-righteous crap. Look, if you want to show that you're so much better than me at doing something like this, go ahead and do something. If you do it for a living, you should have something to show for it. So...how 'bout it? Got something to show me up with, or are you just talking?

This post has been edited by AllEur0.: Jun 15 2009, 10:44 PM

+Quote Post
2k2Titanium
post Jun 16 2009, 06:31 AM
Post #17

2g Pimps

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 11
2014 Chevy Camaro
ZL1
LSA / 6 spd
Yellow

Hold Fast, offer something tangible or do as you proclaimed and get out of the thread.

A first year digital art student understands lossy compression and what .gif does to images that begin as 256 color that aren't flat or do anything tonal. Anyone who does this for a living understands the value of the compression for web purposes.

Why would he save anything as a tiff to load on the web?

You're just embarrassing yourself in this thread, showing basically you have zero knowledge, and acting like a tool.

Learn what the difference between vector art and bmp are before giving graphic design advise.

QFT.

Unofficial warning, keep it civil or get an official board warning.

+Quote Post
fatboyinfl
post Jun 16 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #18

What should I name myself?

Member No.: 1962
2003 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
3.0L V6 / 4 Speed Auto :(
Indy Red

QUOTE (HoldxFast86 @ Jun 15 2009, 11:51 PM) *
Sounds like I hit a sensitive spot. Doing a little read up on me eh? I'm pretty sure Flickr is geared towards photography? Why would I load it up with designs and logos? And the silhouette was a little less than a year ago. A lot has changed. And all of that was just messing around with the new brushes. I don't think I said anything negative about your logo. I don't see why you're coming at me like this. But I guess you get an attitude quickly. Doing it in Illustrator would solve that shitty pixel problem. And make it look less like 1995 clipart. But if you're only using it for web... I'm wrong and it should be done in PS.

I'm not wasting anymore time in this thread.

EVERY logo should be done in illustrator (or at least as vector) if it can be, IE if it can be made simple enough to reduce to vector. Unfortunately, not all logo's can, often a more "flashy' design is desired than vector can provide. Being made for the web should NOT cause you to start with a low quality logo, that's piss poor planning, eventually you'll want to enlarge it. If the logo can't be made vector, you should at least make a high rez raster image.

The logo Eur0 made cannot be reduced to a vector.

Eur0 has reduced the colors to those that the eye differentiates the most between, IE compression. You're losing data to save space and bandwidth, there's no need to post a 1mb 500x300px image online for a basic critique.

+Quote Post
knoxvillestratus
post Jul 16 2009, 07:51 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 5390
2001 Dodge Stratus
Coupe
3.0 / A/T
Pearl White

As another user that has a degree in graphic design, I felt I had to put in my 2 cents. I'd just say that when you do a logo you need to think about it's applications. The second logo definitely looks better. But if you plan on using for anything other than web or large print applications, then you will lose a lot of the detail. So no monograms, no small logos, nothing other than big screen prints or on-screen applications. Also, vector is ALWAYS better for logos. And with today's illustrator basically anything can be replicated to turn it into vector, albeit full of highly complicated paths crazy difficult and rediculously time consuming vector art. (I've got a couple of my own photorealistic vectors from when I was in school if anyone cares to see (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif) ) So, all that being said; great logo and you have mad talent (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggthumpup.gif) . I'd just say to simplify the logo a bit if you plan on using it for mass applications (anything other than web or very big decals / t-shirt prints.) Simpler is always better when it comes to logos.

+Quote Post
AllEur0.
post Sep 23 2009, 02:44 PM
Post #20

Human Encyclopedia

2000 Jeep Wrangler
vert
4.0L / 5sp
Patriot Blue

Testing new signature...some color change and transparency effects on a gallery photo from www.factoryfive.com

I'll own this one day, as you see it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
DJones
post Sep 23 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #21

Slow and Low

Member No.: 1877
1999 Jeep Cherokee sport
4dr/4x4
4.0L V6 / auto
Red

Hahaha some things never change. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
AllEur0.
post Sep 23 2009, 06:18 PM
Post #22

Human Encyclopedia

2000 Jeep Wrangler
vert
4.0L / 5sp
Patriot Blue

Meh, change is overrated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
wiseoracle
post Sep 23 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #23

2g Pimps

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 2719
2010 Dodge Challenger
SRT8 Coupe
6.1L V8 / Tremec 6 Speed
Red

Looks like a cheap matchbox car.

+Quote Post
AllEur0.
post Sep 24 2009, 09:07 AM
Post #24

Human Encyclopedia

2000 Jeep Wrangler
vert
4.0L / 5sp
Patriot Blue

The car itself or how it looks in the sig? I was thinking of making one with this:

(IMG:http://topspeed.michael-embacher.com/daten/artikel/weineck_cobra/1.jpg)

But it doesn't need any photoshopping. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

That black/Red one has a 780 cubic inch 800hp engine equipped with a 500 shot of nitrous. The owner can't drive it for shit and only did a 12.xx pass in the 1/4 mile. Can't do much if you can't put that power to the ground. But I'd rock that any day of the week.

This post has been edited by AllEur0.: Sep 24 2009, 09:07 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2019 - 08:10 PM