Post #1

Just joined...

Group: Members
Member No.: 6817
2003 Dodge Stratus
SXT Coupe
2.4L / 4 speed
Pearl White

After an unfortunate brush with a curb I had to replace two wheels on my 03 SXT Coupe, but instead of buying a pair of sixteens which I could not find, I bought a complete set of 17" wheels and opened Pandoras Box. Just Tires recommended going with a 215/50/r17 which is the same saize as the R/T. My only problem is the R/T had a tuned suspension. Despite having had the alignment done, the car was bouncing all over the freeway makinf me look like a madman. I returned to Just ires who now want me to find another shop because they claim the rear springs are sagging. Before the change the cae drove beautifully with no problems with a 20560/r16. Does anyone know what suspension parts the R/T had that the SXT did not? The body height measurements around the vehicle to indicae sagging springs? Despite charging me $80 for tires and alignment, I think these guys are JUST trying to shake me down for more money. Should I make them take their tires back for putting them on? I'm not buying their sagging spring theory at all. According to my calculations in order to maintain the same aspect ratio JUST TIRES should have put a 205/55/R17. The tire guy said hat would be a higher aspect ratio. Headed for a major depression. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/Chair.gif)

This post has been edited by Farhod: May 15 2017, 07:09 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OAC
post May 16 2017, 02:56 AM
Post #2

Addicted

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 4188
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer
DE Sedan
Slow / CVT
Silver

You are right with the tire size. Chances are the strut assemblies are sagging due to age, just a reason to get her lowered.

+Quote Post
capacel
post May 21 2017, 02:25 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 6827
1986 BMW E30
SE Sedan
325i / Manual
Black

Darn, sorry this happened to you, this is clearly not fair. Good thing you're safe, some bad stuff could have happened to you on the road. Hope you fix your problem as soon as possible. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2017 - 08:17 AM