Just joined...

Group: New Members
Member No.: 6893
2002 Dodge Stratus
Sedan
2.4 L / manual
black

Hey everyone,
I checked the error codes last weekend, and it throws the EGR valve error, and my mechanic confirmed the EGR failure. So, I checked the price of the valve @ the dealership, and only the part without job and shipping is around $400 bucks. Now, I do not want any used valves installed, as after it fails, I will have the same problem with the replacement. I think of an aftermarket EGR valve, it is like $60 plus some shipping... Yet I do not really understand that huge price difference. So I was wondering, if anyone has got any experience with any aftermarket EGR valves and stuff... Do they really to last? Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dexter
post Dec 8 2017, 03:59 AM
Post #2

Just joined...

Group: New Members
Member No.: 6893
2002 Dodge Stratus
Sedan
2.4 L / manual
black

QUOTE (Dexter @ Dec 7 2017, 12:53 AM) *
I think of an aftermarket EGR valve, it is like $60 plus some shipping... Yet I do not really understand that huge price difference. So I was wondering, if anyone has got any experience with any aftermarket EGR valves and stuff... Do they really to last? Thanks!

Folks, anyone tried using an EGR valve or anything else by this brand - standard??
https://www.carid.com/2002-dodge-stratus-em...?parentsubmodel[]=ENGINE|2.4L
Do they make cool stuff or at least something that's likely to work or... or it's better to pay like $350+ on top and grab teh valve from the dealer?....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 01:13 PM