Post #1

2g Pimps

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 2719
2010 Dodge Challenger
SRT8 Coupe
6.1L V8 / Tremec 6 Speed
Red

What's the latest and greatest? I haven't kept up since I installed my Pioneer unit 5+ years ago. Kinda have an itch to upgrade to something that will work with my iPhone better.

Single din is the requirement. Ideally something that works with my iPhone. Ease of use of interface. Aesthetically pleasing. 4-5 volt preouts.

I've tried to do my research and found most websites are lacking updates or useful info. I thought I found something good and it claimed to be new, but found out it was a discontinued model from 2-3 years ago.

So maybe someone here who has been on a lookout has some good suggestions.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PhatKat
post Jan 18 2013, 06:38 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6245
2002 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
3.0L / 5 speed
Black

QUOTE (wiseoracle @ Jan 18 2013, 09:07 AM) *
What's the latest and greatest? I haven't kept up since I installed my Pioneer unit 5+ years ago. Kinda have an itch to upgrade to something that will work with my iPhone better.

Single din is the requirement. Ideally something that works with my iPhone. Ease of use of interface. Aesthetically pleasing. 4-5 volt preouts.

I've tried to do my research and found most websites are lacking updates or useful info. I thought I found something good and it claimed to be new, but found out it was a discontinued model from 2-3 years ago.

So maybe someone here who has been on a lookout has some good suggestions.

I'm in the process of a ridiculous stereo, so I'll see what I can find. I do recommend going to your local shop and looking, ask them the questions like you're gonna buy, then get it cheaper online. That's how I do, sometimes.

Now, did you mean 4v-5v outs, or four 5v outs? I presume you mean the former.

+Quote Post
Daes
post Jan 18 2013, 06:40 AM
Post #3

Veteran Member

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 5020
2001 Dodge Stratus
SE Coupe
2.4L / Manual
Pearl White

Crutchfield is a good site to see what is current. They list all of the specs and customer reviews.

+Quote Post
PhatKat
post Jan 18 2013, 07:50 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 6245
2002 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
3.0L / 5 speed
Black

QUOTE (Daes @ Jan 18 2013, 10:40 AM) *
Crutchfield is a good site to see what is current. They list all of the specs and customer reviews.

Yes yes. They will rape your wallet, though. I like Amazon.

+Quote Post
Centurin
post Jan 18 2013, 02:20 PM
Post #5

Double Trouble

Member No.: 5625
2003 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
3.0L V6 / Automatic
Titanium Grey

Crutchfield is actually reasonable when it comes to headunits because of the extra crap they throw in.

+Quote Post
Daes
post Jan 18 2013, 02:37 PM
Post #6

Veteran Member

Member No.: 5020
2001 Dodge Stratus
SE Coupe
2.4L / Manual
Pearl White

QUOTE (Centurin @ Jan 18 2013, 04:20 PM) *
Crutchfield is actually reasonable when it comes to headunits because of the extra crap they throw in.

That and also if you run into any issues, you can call them and they will assist you.

I purchased my last head unit through Crutchfield. It was a year end closeout sale so I got a good deal on a previous year model.

They are also an authorized dealer for everything they sell so you know you can take advantage of a warranty claim if the need arises.

+Quote Post
Pearl01stratcpe
post Jan 18 2013, 02:48 PM
Post #7

2g Pimps

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 4018
2012 Nissan Maxima
SV Sedan
VQ35DE / CVT
Pearl White

I was wanting to play Pandora or have dvds via laptop play over the car stereo while on road trips, so I bought this. My third Pioneer, and only to upgrade; the others still work great. Bluetooth, Auxiliary, CD, etc. Too many colors to choose from on the menu, and it works really well. The price is low for all it does.

If you want something flashier youll have to keep looking. http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-DEH6400BT-Pl...ords=deh+6400bt

This post has been edited by Pearl01stratcpe: Jan 18 2013, 02:48 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 01:19 PM