Post #1

2g Pimps

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 4018
2012 Nissan Maxima
SV Sedan
VQ35DE / CVT
Pearl White

After jumping through hoops to get this thing, I finally picked it up Friday (17th).

Its a 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R 636. It had 4480 miles on it when I picked it up, and now has about 4690 miles on it. Its an absolute blast to ride.

The previous owner (the only owner) put a Yoshimura RS-5 muffler on it, tinted double bubble windscreen and Gator skin seats. He had bought, never installed, but gave me brand new lowering links, and and integrated tail light which I installed today, along with removing the reflectors on the front fender.

Future mods include flush mount signals up front (zx14r triangle style), Frame sliders, new tank pad, and I need to fabricate a cleaner license plate bracket.

I washed and waxed it and scrubbed the wheels and tires after the sun went down, but didnt take pics tonight. These are from at last night, so Ill post better ones later.
(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/FirstDay002.jpg)

(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/FirstDay001.jpg)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wright06jhs
post Jul 18 2009, 05:39 PM
Post #2

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 5207
2007 Infiniti G35X
X Sedan
Vq35HR / Automatic
Silver

Nice, i love the color.

+Quote Post
mopar_freak
post Jul 18 2009, 06:38 PM
Post #3

If it's 200bhp over stock, does it matter what it looks like

Member No.: 4703
2001 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
3.0 V6 / 5 spd manual
indy red

Just remember, keep the rubber side down.

After riding a bike, doesn't the stratus feel even slower?

+Quote Post
Stasy
post Jul 18 2009, 07:14 PM
Post #4

I'm a GUY damnit!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 49
2004 Mazda 6s
Sedan
3.0 V6 / 5-Spd
Black

Nice ride. Keep safe now ya hear?

I don't own a rocket like that, but my Jeep is just something that keeps me warm and dry. The bike is my excitement ride. LOL! I can't wait to buy some speed goodies for mine too.

+Quote Post
03 R/T StRaT
post Jul 18 2009, 07:30 PM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 3801
2003 dodge stratus R/T
R/T coupe
3.00 / 5 sp manual
gun metal grey

Nice, not to mention how close you are to the tail (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
wright06jhs
post Jul 18 2009, 09:02 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 5207
2007 Infiniti G35X
X Sedan
Vq35HR / Automatic
Silver

QUOTE (03 R/T StRaT @ Jul 18 2009, 10:30 PM) *
Nice, not to mention how close you are to the tail (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

I wish i knew how to ride one, let alone own one. That would be SOO much fun to drive one on the Dragon. It was fun driving the Stratus across so i can just imagine.

This post has been edited by wright06jhs: Jul 18 2009, 09:02 PM

+Quote Post
Pearl01stratcpe
post Jul 19 2009, 01:34 AM
Post #7

2g Pimps

2012 Nissan Maxima
SV Sedan
VQ35DE / CVT
Pearl White

QUOTE (wright06jhs @ Jul 18 2009, 10:39 PM) *
Nice, i love the color.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/werd.gif) I love it. Much better than the Kawasaki Green (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (mopar_freak @ Jul 18 2009, 11:38 PM) *
Just remember, keep the rubber side down.

After riding a bike, doesn't the stratus feel even slower?

I actually havent driven my car since I bought the bike (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (03 R/T StRaT @ Jul 19 2009, 12:30 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif) I have no intentions of taking that ride for a while. If and when I go, I will have put lotsa miles on the bike, and it will have to be when its not very busy. Too many racers trying to show off. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Im going riding with a few guys from work, and we will be going to the base of the Dragon, so Ill get to hit a few hard curves to see what theyre like. I already went through one tank, and got 41mpgs. I guess thats not terrible for a 4cyl that doesnt get power until 6k rpms (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
03 R/T StRaT
post Jul 19 2009, 07:21 AM
Post #8

2003 dodge stratus R/T
R/T coupe
3.00 / 5 sp manual
gun metal grey

[/quote](IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif) I have no intentions of taking that ride for a while. If and when I go, I will have put lotsa miles on the bike, and it will have to be when its not very busy. Too many racers trying to show off. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Im going riding with a few guys from work, and we will be going to the base of the Dragon, so Ill get to hit a few hard curves to see what theyre like. I already went through one tank, and got 41mpgs. I guess thats not terrible for a 4cyl that doesnt get power until 6k rpms (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
[/quote]

The tail is AMAZING especially with a 600 like you have there. I've upgraded a bit to the drag strip, but still have my 600 for the streets. A couple things about the tail... they dont patrol it during the week only firday-sunday ( I was told this by a cop my last visit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) ) You will probably never take you bike out of 3rd gear the entire time. If you can hit 45+ your flyin... If you ride it more than twice in one day trust me you will sleep like a baby that night!!! You wouldnt believe how much energy it takes and how much work it is to constantly be throwing that bike around.

When you start hitting twisties for the first time it wont feel right, but as you learn to trust your tires you'll realize that you will never do/see what that bike can really do on the streets without taking it to a track. We have a trip planned this fall back down there to ride the tail and the sooo many other routes that actually to me are better. Maybe i'll have to hit you up when we go (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by 03 R/T StRaT: Jul 19 2009, 07:22 AM

+Quote Post
Pearl01stratcpe
post Jul 19 2009, 10:03 AM
Post #9

2g Pimps

2012 Nissan Maxima
SV Sedan
VQ35DE / CVT
Pearl White

QUOTE (03 R/T StRaT @ Jul 19 2009, 12:21 PM) *
When you start hitting twisties for the first time it wont feel right, but as you learn to trust your tires you'll realize that you will never do/see what that bike can really do on the streets without taking it to a track. We have a trip planned this fall back down there to ride the tail and the sooo many other routes that actually to me are better. Maybe i'll have to hit you up when we go (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

We went to the Calderwood Dam look out which has some Dragon-like curves to get to it. The tire on the rear is brand new, but the front has been flattened on the top due to not hitting the curves enough by the last owner, so its a little weird to hit turn because I have to run over the slight lip. I went out with 2 cooworkers, one with a 94 Heritage Softail and another with a 2007 CBR1000RR. I was able to tap into the heart of the rpm range on a great straight away, and wow am I impressed. I felt good on the bike.

We went down US 411, onto 72, to the Dam, then to Foothills Parkway.

+Quote Post
Shnibz
post Jul 19 2009, 10:36 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 4571
2004 Chrysler Sebring
LX Sedan
2.4 I4 / 4spd Auto
Gray

Very Nice bike, I'm a big fan of ninjas and an even bigger fan of that color. Congrats and be safe....hopefully next year I'll be riding on something.

+Quote Post
OuttaFokus
post Jul 19 2009, 12:37 PM
Post #11

Mitsubishi Eclipse in sexier clothes...

Member No.: 2585
2001 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
6g72 5MT
Black

Frame sliders SHOULD NOT be a future mod, they should be a...bought yesterday mod. Go out and get them, you wont be sorry you did! I had to use mine many a time throughout the 20K miles i rode my Gixxar.

Nice bike btw, romped the hell out of my friends ZX. They like to wheelie...easiest 600-class (well not really, Kwak and their cheating ways making it a 636) to bring up stock.

Ride safe man, i hope you have ALL your gear and wear it at ALL times. DONT be a fucking squid and ride with half your gear on. Trust me, when you go down (and it will happen), you will be glad you had your gear on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Pearl01stratcpe
post Jul 19 2009, 02:17 PM
Post #12

2g Pimps

2012 Nissan Maxima
SV Sedan
VQ35DE / CVT
Pearl White

QUOTE (OuttaFokus @ Jul 19 2009, 05:37 PM) *
Frame sliders SHOULD NOT be a future mod, they should be a...bought yesterday mod. Go out and get them, you wont be sorry you did! I had to use mine many a time throughout the 20K miles i rode my Gixxar.

Nice bike btw, romped the hell out of my friends ZX. They like to wheelie...easiest 600-class (well not really, Kwak and their cheating ways making it a 636) to bring up stock.

Ride safe man, i hope you have ALL your gear and wear it at ALL times. DONT be a fucking squid and ride with half your gear on. Trust me, when you go down (and it will happen), you will be glad you had your gear on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I just bought some no cut frame sliders on eBay (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggthumpup.gif)

Getting on it today the front end came up, and caught me by surprise. I was in second gear and gave it a good twist and up it went.
As for gear I wear a textile jacket, jeans, gloves and helmet. I wouldn't leave home without any of it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I plan on giving the Strat a break from DD duty for a while and ride the bike to work. Ill have 5k miles on her before the week is up! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
OuttaFokus
post Jul 19 2009, 02:46 PM
Post #13

2001 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
6g72 5MT
Black

QUOTE (Pearl01stratcpe @ Jul 19 2009, 07:17 PM) *
I just bought some no cut frame sliders on eBay (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggthumpup.gif)

Getting on it today the front end came up, and caught me by surprise. I was in second gear and gave it a good twist and up it went.
As for gear I wear a textile jacket, jeans, gloves and helmet. I wouldn't leave home without any of it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I plan on giving the Strat a break from DD duty for a while and ride the bike to work. Ill have 5k miles on her before the week is up! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Good, at least your wearing some protection. Textile isnt the best, but at least its something. I'd recommend a hybrid textile/leather jacket (lord knows i cant wear a full leather jacket, even in winter!). Its leather where it counts (elbows, shoulder, back, forearms, etc), but is VERY breathable.

And yes, once you get used to it, it'll be nothing. And you'll be going -1+2 or whatever you Kwak guys do to your gearing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Pearl01stratcpe
post Jul 19 2009, 03:05 PM
Post #14

2g Pimps

2012 Nissan Maxima
SV Sedan
VQ35DE / CVT
Pearl White

QUOTE (OuttaFokus @ Jul 19 2009, 07:46 PM) *
Good, at least your wearing some protection. Textile isnt the best, but at least its something. I'd recommend a hybrid textile/leather jacket (lord knows i cant wear a full leather jacket, even in winter!). Its leather where it counts (elbows, shoulder, back, forearms, etc), but is VERY breathable.

And yes, once you get used to it, it'll be nothing. And you'll be going -1+2 or whatever you Kwak guys do to your gearing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

At the base of the Dragon there was a a group of guys with full leathers... The one guy I was riding with mentioned that the one suit was in the neighborhood of $1500, and the boots were at least another $300. I think if I bought some good thick pants and a decent leather jacket I would be in good shape.

Here are a few pics, minus the sun since its hiding behind clouds. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Rear section before tinted integrated tail lights and crooked exhaust
(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/FirstDay004.jpg)

After with exhaust straightened and no more goofy signals
(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/ZX6R001.jpg)
Just taillight
(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/ZX6R011.jpg)
With blinker ( I was able to catch it on)
(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/ZX6R014.jpg)

Tank pad removed until i find a better one
(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/ZX6R007.jpg)
Gator skin style seats
(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/ZX6R010.jpg)

General shots:
(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/ZX6R004.jpg)
(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/ZX6R011.jpg)
(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/ZX6R009.jpg)

+Quote Post
03 R/T StRaT
post Jul 19 2009, 03:14 PM
Post #15

2003 dodge stratus R/T
R/T coupe
3.00 / 5 sp manual
gun metal grey

QUOTE (OuttaFokus @ Jul 19 2009, 02:46 PM) *

Kawis. are pretty good with the stock gearing. When you decide to change your gearing which you will with time, i would start by just dropping one in the font that is about the same as adding ALMOST 3 in the rear. It will wake it up quite a bit in acceleration and responsivness.

Having a flat spot in the tires is actually a bigger deal than a lot of people think because of having to get over that point to get to the outside of the tire. sometimes if its not too bad you will be able to round it back off by hitting some tiwsties and not riding in a straight line, but if it gets too bad trust me it will be better for you to change it. If you dont ride twisties that much look into a dual compound tire like the Michelin 2ct's they are harder in the center for straight line riding and softer on the sides for better cornering.
OuttaFokus is right about the gear, textiles will be fine as long as its padded in the arms and back, but its good that you at LEAST have jeans on. If i know im going out to hit twisties i'll have my full leather 1 piece suit on that i wear at the track, it almost gives you more confidence also. A full leather suit can cost you as much as you want to spend. If you do some looking you can find one for under $500 for a good one, but could spend up to 3k on a custom fit one. You can get leather pants with pucks for about $150 or less and if you buy a leather jacket most of the time you can zip them together at the waist witch is just as good as a 1 piece. You'll be happy with that bike and should probably join up on the ZX-forums.com if you havent already. you'll find sooo much good information about your bike and any questions you will ever have can be answered there.

This post has been edited by 03 R/T StRaT: Jul 19 2009, 03:17 PM

+Quote Post
OuttaFokus
post Jul 19 2009, 05:42 PM
Post #16

2001 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
6g72 5MT
Black

QUOTE (03 R/T StRaT @ Jul 19 2009, 08:14 PM) *
Kawis. are pretty good with the stock gearing. When you decide to change your gearing which you will with time, i would start by just dropping one in the font that is about the same as adding ALMOST 3 in the rear. It will wake it up quite a bit in acceleration and responsivness.

Having a flat spot in the tires is actually a bigger deal than a lot of people think because of having to get over that point to get to the outside of the tire. sometimes if its not too bad you will be able to round it back off by hitting some tiwsties and not riding in a straight line, but if it gets too bad trust me it will be better for you to change it. If you dont ride twisties that much look into a dual compound tire like the Michelin 2ct's they are harder in the center for straight line riding and softer on the sides for better cornering.
OuttaFokus is right about the gear, textiles will be fine as long as its padded in the arms and back, but its good that you at LEAST have jeans on. If i know im going out to hit twisties i'll have my full leather 1 piece suit on that i wear at the track, it almost gives you more confidence also. A full leather suit can cost you as much as you want to spend. If you do some looking you can find one for under $500 for a good one, but could spend up to 3k on a custom fit one. You can get leather pants with pucks for about $150 or less and if you buy a leather jacket most of the time you can zip them together at the waist witch is just as good as a 1 piece. You'll be happy with that bike and should probably join up on the ZX-forums.com if you havent already. you'll find sooo much good information about your bike and any questions you will ever have can be answered there.

Dual compounds should be the only tire sold IMO. Its beyond pointless to have sticky compound in the middle. You'll always want a harder compound in the middle to preserve tire life and the good stuff on the edges.

I personally swore by Diablo Corsa IIIs. I cannot stand ANYTHING michelin makes for bikes. I've rode numerous bikes with 2CT's and other crap they made and i cannot stand how the tire throws you over. Its crowned way to much for my taste. Diablo's are rounder, with less of a crown.

Granted, im sure more tires have some out lately. Its been almost a year since ive owned my gixxar.

+Quote Post
wiseoracle
post Jul 19 2009, 07:05 PM
Post #17

2g Pimps

Member No.: 2719
2010 Dodge Challenger
SRT8 Coupe
6.1L V8 / Tremec 6 Speed
Red

Hmm maybe I should consider getting a bike, instead of a trans? Nothing too fancy, but enough to get around town and still be easy on gas.

+Quote Post
Pearl01stratcpe
post Jul 20 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #18

2g Pimps

2012 Nissan Maxima
SV Sedan
VQ35DE / CVT
Pearl White

QUOTE (wiseoracle @ Jul 20 2009, 12:05 AM) *
Hmm maybe I should consider getting a bike, instead of a trans? Nothing too fancy, but enough to get around town and still be easy on gas.

If youre looking for something to get around on, the new Ninja 250's got a facelift and get 65mpgs. There are a few used ones on the local craigslist for less than $3k. Insurance wouldnt be bad either.

Old Ninja 250 (For many many years)
(IMG:http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/powersportsdlr/images/NewVehicles/2007_3_Sport-Ninja250R-ebny.jpg)
The new 2008/2009
(IMG:http://www.koshal.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/kawasaki-ninja-250r-1.jpg)

+Quote Post
stratr/t190
post Jul 20 2009, 12:00 PM
Post #19

Fastest NA 2g stratus!

Member No.: 4269
2002 dodge Startus RT
RT coupe
3.0 v6 / 5spd
pearl white

Nice bike man! that's the best 600 imo since its a 636. And yea those new 250's with the facelifts are very nice looking, I've considered getting one as a first bike for a while but money is tight.

+Quote Post
OuttaFokus
post Jul 20 2009, 06:46 PM
Post #20

2001 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
6g72 5MT
Black

QUOTE (stratr/t190 @ Jul 20 2009, 05:00 PM) *
Nice bike man! that's the best 600 imo since its a 636. And yea those new 250's with the facelifts are very nice looking, I've considered getting one as a first bike for a while but money is tight.

Thats just the thing, a ZX-636 is NOT a 600. Thats what the ZX-6R is...Kawasaki realized exactly what a waste producing both a race spec 599cc and 636 was...therefore no more 636.

And believe it or not, the 636 is not faster than a 600...Raced many, and rode many.

+Quote Post
Pearl01stratcpe
post Jul 21 2009, 01:28 AM
Post #21

2g Pimps

2012 Nissan Maxima
SV Sedan
VQ35DE / CVT
Pearl White

QUOTE (OuttaFokus @ Jul 20 2009, 11:46 PM) *
Thats just the thing, a ZX-636 is NOT a 600. Thats what the ZX-6R is...Kawasaki realized exactly what a waste producing both a race spec 599cc and 636 was...therefore no more 636.

And believe it or not, the 636 is not faster than a 600...Raced many, and rode many.

The ZX6R is the 636 and the ZX6RR is the 599 they made so it was 'legal' to compete in racing.

The 636 might not be the fastest, but its damn fast to me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I made a bracket to eliminate the rest of the plastic on the rear that holds the license plate, and now Im just waiting on my LED bolts so I can complete the job. Once this is all complete, I hope my modding bug doesnt hit full force (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Its hard to not.

+Quote Post
Stasy
post Jul 21 2009, 11:29 AM
Post #22

I'm a GUY damnit!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 49
2004 Mazda 6s
Sedan
3.0 V6 / 5-Spd
Black

QUOTE (Pearl01stratcpe @ Jul 21 2009, 05:28 AM) *
I made a bracket to eliminate the rest of the plastic on the rear that holds the license plate, and now Im just waiting on my LED bolts so I can complete the job. Once this is all complete, I hope my modding bug doesnt hit full force (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Its hard to not.

I can't wait till I have 300-500 bucks burning a hole in my pocket for my bike. I want one of those FI controllers for my C90 something fierce. I also can't wait to replace my tires. Those stock Bridgestones blow ass. If I had $2k laying around... My bike would be getting some serious attention.

+Quote Post
OuttaFokus
post Jul 21 2009, 11:43 AM
Post #23

2001 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
6g72 5MT
Black

QUOTE (Pearl01stratcpe @ Jul 21 2009, 06:28 AM) *
The ZX6R is the 636 and the ZX6RR is the 599 they made so it was 'legal' to compete in racing.

The 636 might not be the fastest, but its damn fast to me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Its been awhile...but yeah. You'd just think it would dominate with 37 extra CCs.

And trust me, the bike mod bug will hit you like a freight train...its awesome (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
Shnibz
post Jul 21 2009, 05:28 PM
Post #24

2004 Chrysler Sebring
LX Sedan
2.4 I4 / 4spd Auto
Gray

My buddy got an 02 R6 a few months ago, and every week he buys something. IM like dude, ur broke stop buying shit, but he just keeps goin haha

+Quote Post
Pearl01stratcpe
post Jul 22 2009, 01:42 AM
Post #25

2g Pimps

2012 Nissan Maxima
SV Sedan
VQ35DE / CVT
Pearl White

QUOTE (Shnibz @ Jul 21 2009, 10:28 PM) *
My buddy got an 02 R6 a few months ago, and every week he buys something. IM like dude, ur broke stop buying shit, but he just keeps goin haha

Funny you should mention that. While on craigslist (how I found my bike) I came across this ad:

I have a trillion aftermarket brand-name parts that came from my 2007 zx6r. akrapovic slip-on, dynojet power commander 3 usb, dynojet ignition module, k&n high-flow air filter + cleaning kit, race pegs, 300.00 worth of red led lights (it looked like a red mach-3 spaceship at night!), custom-carved flame heel-guards (polished), seat cowl, I also have 10 of the 1 3/8" spikes to replace the 4mm bolts that hold the body on.and so much more. I will be happy to install any of these parts at no additional charge, as I have done it before. talk about a ridiculous increase in power from the factory. I can make your NINJA scare you again like when you first got it!! located in knoxville. make a decent offer, as bike parts are ridiculously expensive. bike was repoed and i got my stuff off first. I can make your bike look as mean as it will sound & run. no pics yet, but if interested can send some. 865-xxx-xxxx. Chris

Dumbass (IMG:style_emoticons/default/Chair.gif)

+Quote Post
AcesLA07
post Jul 22 2009, 02:04 PM
Post #26

20's are bigger!

Member No.: 4119
2003 Dodge Stratus
SXT Coupe
2.4L I4 / Automatic
Pearl White

Sweet bike Dan. Ride down to Franklin and we'll go on a ride together (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Pearl01stratcpe
post Jul 23 2009, 04:48 PM
Post #27

2g Pimps

2012 Nissan Maxima
SV Sedan
VQ35DE / CVT
Pearl White

QUOTE (AcesLA07 @ Jul 22 2009, 07:04 PM) *
Sweet bike Dan. Ride down to Franklin and we'll go on a ride together (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

My buddy and I are looking into heading to Nashville in September for the sportbike racing (we would go just to watch.) Ill let you know if we do since you are close.

I officially hit the 5000 mile mark today (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Frame sliders went on today, and I received the LED bolts so I can complete my license plate relocation/ fender elimination. Ill post pics of it when its done. I also was able to shut the pesky FI light off. On the stock exhaust there is a butterfly valve that closes at about 9k rpms to adhere to US legal noise levels. When the Yohsimura pipe was installed, there was no use for the valve, so when the servo found its 'home' position on start up, the light would go on. Not any more (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Pearl01stratcpe
post Jul 27 2009, 05:40 PM
Post #28

2g Pimps

2012 Nissan Maxima
SV Sedan
VQ35DE / CVT
Pearl White

Frame Sliders are on, and license plate /rear end is to my liking now. Flush front signals and Ill be all set.
A buddy of mine and I went on a little cruise to Gatlinburg on Saturday; It was a nice little ride, and the temp was decent.

License plate bracket with LED bolts
(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/GatlinburgJuly25th004.jpg)

(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/GatlinburgJuly25th009.jpg)

(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/GatlinburgJuly25th011.jpg)

(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/GatlinburgJuly25th012.jpg)

I like the way this one came out:
(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/GatlinburgJuly25th020.jpg)

A quick detail afterward
(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/GatlinburgJuly25th024.jpg)

+Quote Post
OuttaFokus
post Jul 27 2009, 06:07 PM
Post #29

2001 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
6g72 5MT
Black

man, honduhs are ugly...

+Quote Post
AcesLA07
post Jul 29 2009, 10:24 AM
Post #30

20's are bigger!

Member No.: 4119
2003 Dodge Stratus
SXT Coupe
2.4L I4 / Automatic
Pearl White

Yeah lmk Dan. My number's 816-298-0420

This post has been edited by Pearl01stratcpe: Jul 29 2009, 12:01 PM
Reason for edit: Logans safety lol

+Quote Post
wiseoracle
post Jul 29 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #31

2g Pimps

Member No.: 2719
2010 Dodge Challenger
SRT8 Coupe
6.1L V8 / Tremec 6 Speed
Red

QUOTE (AcesLA07 @ Jul 29 2009, 12:24 PM) *
Yeah lmk Dan. My number's 816-298-0420

Nice, I'll be drunk dialing you on the weekends (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by Pearl01stratcpe: Jul 29 2009, 12:01 PM

+Quote Post
OuttaFokus
post Jul 30 2009, 12:14 AM
Post #32

2001 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
6g72 5MT
Black

i MAY be re-joining the 2-wheeled club this week if this deal goes through. I simply could not pass it up, its an 07 Gixxer 1K, with 2400miles, clean title for 4K...

...yeah, gonna look at it this weekend i think and go from there...hopefully it hasnt been sold.

+Quote Post
Pearl01stratcpe
post Aug 15 2009, 07:54 AM
Post #33

2g Pimps

2012 Nissan Maxima
SV Sedan
VQ35DE / CVT
Pearl White

QUOTE (OuttaFokus @ Jul 30 2009, 05:14 AM) *
i MAY be re-joining the 2-wheeled club this week if this deal goes through. I simply could not pass it up, its an 07 Gixxer 1K, with 2400miles, clean title for 4K...

...yeah, gonna look at it this weekend i think and go from there...hopefully it hasnt been sold.

Soo... Did you get it?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

I installed the flush mount front signals last weekend, and have painted the rear pegs gunmetal to match the frame (possibly going to get front and rears powder coated in the winter).Today I installed the lowering links, changed the oil, and made a mount for the rotor lock so I dont have to give up what little storage space I have under the tail.

Pictures come tomorrow after the Sunday cruise (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
OuttaFokus
post Aug 15 2009, 05:31 PM
Post #34

2001 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
6g72 5MT
Black

QUOTE (Pearl01stratcpe @ Aug 15 2009, 12:54 PM) *
Soo... Did you get it?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

I installed the flush mount front signals last weekend, and have painted the rear pegs gunmetal to match the frame (possibly going to get front and rears powder coated in the winter).Today I installed the lowering links, changed the oil, and made a mount for the rotor lock so I dont have to give up what little storage space I have under the tail.

Pictures come tomorrow after the Sunday cruise (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Lowering links?? why?? No reason to lower it.

And no, the deal turned out to feel like a scam, was located in another state...

+Quote Post
Pearl01stratcpe
post Aug 15 2009, 05:43 PM
Post #35

2g Pimps

2012 Nissan Maxima
SV Sedan
VQ35DE / CVT
Pearl White

QUOTE (OuttaFokus @ Aug 15 2009, 10:31 PM) *
Lowering links?? why?? No reason to lower it.

And no, the deal turned out to feel like a scam, was located in another state...

I have short legs, and it makes backing up much easier. I doesn't seem to handle any different. When i bought the bike the previous owner gave me them, so it was a free mod.

+Quote Post
OuttaFokus
post Aug 15 2009, 07:02 PM
Post #36

2001 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
6g72 5MT
Black

QUOTE (Pearl01stratcpe @ Aug 15 2009, 10:43 PM) *
I have short legs, and it makes backing up much easier. I doesn't seem to handle any different. When i bought the bike the previous owner gave me them, so it was a free mod.

Im 5ft 3in, sooo, i know a thing or two about that. Who backs up on a bike if your short? Get your happy ass off the bike and move it that way...or spin it 180 on the kickstand??

And you obviously havent pushed the bike hard enough to see the difference. Basically you just castrated your bike (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by OuttaFokus: Aug 15 2009, 07:02 PM

+Quote Post
03 R/T StRaT
post Aug 15 2009, 09:10 PM
Post #37

2003 dodge stratus R/T
R/T coupe
3.00 / 5 sp manual
gun metal grey

QUOTE (OuttaFokus @ Aug 15 2009, 08:02 PM) *
Im 5ft 3in, sooo, i know a thing or two about that. Who backs up on a bike if your short? Get your happy ass off the bike and move it that way...or spin it 180 on the kickstand??

And you obviously havent pushed the bike hard enough to see the difference. Basically you just castrated your bike (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You would have to push your bike harder than you probably ever will on the street to notice the difference in handling just by lowering it, but by doing that you will lose some corning. If you ever decide to bring it out on the track you'll want to raise it back up. You can get adjustable links from soupy's performance that take literally 10min to adjust on your own without help. I would highly recommend them if you you decided to go to and from the track often.

+Quote Post
Pearl01stratcpe
post Aug 16 2009, 02:14 AM
Post #38

2g Pimps

2012 Nissan Maxima
SV Sedan
VQ35DE / CVT
Pearl White

The ones I put on had 3 settings; i used the middle setting so its about 1 inch. It has a stock setting and I still have the OEM links, so if I dont like it I can change it. Today will be a good test since we're going into the mountains with some nice sweeping curves.

+Quote Post
OuttaFokus
post Aug 16 2009, 03:03 AM
Post #39

2001 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
6g72 5MT
Black

QUOTE (03 R/T StRaT @ Aug 16 2009, 02:10 AM) *
You would have to push your bike harder than you probably ever will on the street to notice the difference in handling just by lowering it, but by doing that you will lose some corning. If you ever decide to bring it out on the track you'll want to raise it back up. You can get adjustable links from soupy's performance that take literally 10min to adjust on your own without help. I would highly recommend them if you you decided to go to and from the track often.

Just curious, do you have experience with a lowered bike, before and after? Not starting a flame war, just an honest question.

At least they are adjustable Pearl, thats a neat feature (not sure if they all come like that, but i doubt it). If you have a local track by you, once you get comfy on your bike, i'd advise you hitting it up. There is no feeling like going wide open on a proper circuit, not having to worry about cops, other dumbass motorists, etc.

+Quote Post
Pearl01stratcpe
post Aug 16 2009, 11:23 AM
Post #40

2g Pimps

2012 Nissan Maxima
SV Sedan
VQ35DE / CVT
Pearl White

It will be a while until I hit the track, but my buddy with the CBR1000rr says its something he would like to look into. We are looking to go to the Nashville Superspeedway in September to watch some racing.

I didnt notice any difference with the lowered bike today, and I hit some pretty good curves. I think I will be alright around here.

(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/Aug2009ride004.jpg)

(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/Aug2009ride014.jpg)

(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/Aug2009ride016.jpg)

(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/Aug2009ride017.jpg)

(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/Aug2009ride020.jpg)

Getting more comfortable with leaning (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/Aug2009ride030.jpg)

+Quote Post
Shnibz
post Aug 16 2009, 05:28 PM
Post #41

2004 Chrysler Sebring
LX Sedan
2.4 I4 / 4spd Auto
Gray

Sick pictures, can't wait to get my CBR ughh...time for saving..Your flush mount signals look amazing btw

+Quote Post
OuttaFokus
post Aug 17 2009, 11:19 AM
Post #42

2001 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
6g72 5MT
Black

Still have some serious chicken strips my friend...you scared of that thing? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
03 R/T StRaT
post Aug 18 2009, 07:02 AM
Post #43

2003 dodge stratus R/T
R/T coupe
3.00 / 5 sp manual
gun metal grey

QUOTE (OuttaFokus @ Aug 16 2009, 03:03 AM) *
Just curious, do you have experience with a lowered bike, before and after? Not starting a flame war, just an honest question.

At least they are adjustable Pearl, thats a neat feature (not sure if they all come like that, but i doubt it). If you have a local track by you, once you get comfy on your bike, i'd advise you hitting it up. There is no feeling like going wide open on a proper circuit, not having to worry about cops, other dumbass motorists, etc.

Yes i've been riding on 2 wheels for years I do a track day once every two months with my 600. I have thousands of miles on the track. Anyone who thinks that they are pushing the limits of their bike on the streets is on crack because trust me you aren't even close!! I use adjustable links on track/street bike and of course raise it up for the track but on the street i put it back down because it's more comfortable in stop and go. I never said there wasn't a difference but the kind of riding you will do on the street even if if you THINK you are pushing the bike isnt enough to notice a huge difference only lowering the bike 1" sorry! If you have the experience your making it sound like you do then you should know this already!

+Quote Post
OuttaFokus
post Aug 18 2009, 01:14 PM
Post #44

2001 Dodge Stratus
R/T Coupe
6g72 5MT
Black

QUOTE (03 R/T StRaT @ Aug 18 2009, 12:02 PM) *
Yes i've been riding on 2 wheels for years I do a track day once every two months with my 600. I have thousands of miles on the track. Anyone who thinks that they are pushing the limits of their bike on the streets is on crack because trust me you aren't even close!! I use adjustable links on track/street bike and of course raise it up for the track but on the street i put it back down because it's more comfortable in stop and go. I never said there wasn't a difference but the kind of riding you will do on the street even if if you THINK you are pushing the bike isnt enough to notice a huge difference only lowering the bike 1" sorry! If you have the experience your making it sound like you do then you should know this already!

Simmer down young padawan, it was simply a question, no need to get defensive.

A slight difference is a HUGE difference when your on 2 wheels my friend, leaned over, practically dragging knee on the street. Yeah, ive done it, no, its not smart...and after my accident, it made me a different rider on the streets.

Obviously, its not affecting him much since he still hasnt gotten the bike leaned over fully. He has a long, long way to go. It will take Pearl awhile to get comfy on the bike and actually pull himself off the bike in a lean. I, however, wouldnt recommend doing that shit on the street. At least where i live, its way to dangerous.

+Quote Post
Pearl01stratcpe
post Sep 4 2009, 03:59 PM
Post #45

2g Pimps

2012 Nissan Maxima
SV Sedan
VQ35DE / CVT
Pearl White

QUOTE (Shnibz @ Aug 16 2009, 10:28 PM) *
Sick pictures, can't wait to get my CBR ughh...time for saving..Your flush mount signals look amazing btw

Thanks man, for $30 I couldnt pass them up. I am thinking about niteshades to continue the dark/gunmetal theme, but I ride too much to have time to do it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
QUOTE (OuttaFokus @ Aug 17 2009, 04:19 PM) *

Still have some serious chicken strips my friend...you scared of that thing? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

A little bit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif) I have owned the bike for less than two months, I'm going at my own pace (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Though lowering is nice, I think I am going back to stock until the end of the season. I need to lower the front to get the proper OEM rake. It seems to want to turn too easy, and I get death wobbles when I remove my hands from the bars after 60 mph, which never happened before. (I dont make it a habit btw)

Since the last update I have painted the rear sets gunmetal to match the frame, made swingarm spools, and bought new bar ends (The OEM ones were pitted for whatever reason)
A few pics from MotoGP at Indianapolis Speedway compliments of the boss/owner of the company I work for:
(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/Indianapolis079.jpg)
Indy Speedway behind the bikes, and my CBR buddy with me (We hang out a lot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) )
(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/Bekistan20/2005%20Ninja%20636/Indianapolis075.jpg)

This post has been edited by Pearl01stratcpe: Sep 4 2009, 04:01 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2019 - 04:50 AM